White Macbook stealth upgrade?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Old Mac Geezer, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Old Mac Geezer macrumors member

I just left Apple's website and the WHITE Macbook now shows the nVidia 9400M graphics in place of the Intel GMA X3100 chipset. Can anyone confirm this is not a typo?

2. svndmvn Guest

upgraded silently, processor wise as well, about a month ago, not a typo.. the specs are all there

3. Old Mac Geezer thread starter macrumors member

If the specs are true, then $999 is a heck of a deal. I might consider getting one of those instead of one of the upgraded minis.

Has anyone actually taken delivery of a white Macbook recently who can confirm that it really does ship with the 9400M graphics now?

4. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

It is definitely the NVidia graphics, I'm ordering one myself along with a Mini (only because I have a discount voucher)

5. Database macrumors member

Been that way for a while now... no typo... Go buy one!

6. windowpain macrumors 6502a

It's a lot of bang for your buck isn't it?
    I've pointed it out to a few people at work looking to buy a new computer but complaining that 'macs are so expensive'..

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Happened last month or the month before. It was announced on front page here.

8. Old Mac Geezer thread starter macrumors member

Does anyone know if these are available in the Apple stores or website only? It'll cost me another $117 and change in sales tax to ship to my house fully loaded but if I can get it from the Apple store, I can cross the state line and get it at an Apple store where they have no sales tax. ;)

9. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

They've been available at the Apple store since they were updated silently on the page. There has been about 3 dozen threads already on the upgraded nVidia Whitebook...

This all happened back in January...

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/01/21/apple-quietly-updates-entry-level-white-macbook/

10. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

You can obtain one anywhere Old Mac Geezer sir.Although I'd get mine from Apple if you have relatives in college or university-for the rather nice discount available ;)

hey hey...him the Old Mac Geezer, no need to talk down.