White Macbook Update - Good sign for Mini update?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by BrittQ, Jan 21, 2009.

1. BrittQ macrumors regular

Think this recent update to the white macbook is a good sign that the mini will be updated soon? Or holds no significance?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It has absolutely nothing to DO with the Mac Mini, but we've already seen kexts with the 9400M in the Mini, so it's obviously coming.

Plus, there should be a Mini redesign, as the board for the new MacBook can fit inside the Time Capsule case without modification.

3. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

I think a silent update like the one we got today will only happen when there is no change in the design. The mini is an older design that should get an update to match the other current models. A special event or a 'one more thing' at the wwdc is more likely.

4. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

What?

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

We've seen proof of new models of the iMac and Mac Mini in existing OS software.

The new Mac Mini will use the 9400M and the new iMac will have the 9400M and probably another GPU.

6. TrapOx macrumors 6502

That means absolutely nothing. If there is code in the software for things that don't yet exist, there can be code for things that will never come to be too.

7. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

at this point you could even use the new white macbook in clamshell mode as a mini replacement. I am sure its specs are very close to what will be in the new mini whenever it is out.

And you could use it without a displayport adapter!

8. BrittQ thread starter macrumors regular

I've been thinking about it.... But I think I want to save the few hundred bucks....