White Macbook w/ black hard case or blackbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ll PiStoNs ll, Aug 2, 2008.

1. ll PiStoNs ll macrumors regular

I want a blackbook but i dont need it for speed i only want it for looks. What do you guys think about just the white macbook with the black hard case? or does it look bad? I was just gonna get a blackbook and a north face laptop backpack? Ahhh too many options what do you think??

2. kage207 macrumors 6502a

I don't think you can buy the 2.4GHz 2GB White MacBook with 160GB in black. It's exlcusive to the step up. You could by the black frame with it but that's like $300 bucks or so. It'd be cheaper just to buy the Black MacBook. But personally, I didn't go with it cause it didn't offer much more and isn't that cool looking (to me personally).

3. CPD_1 macrumors 6502

I could be wrong (I'm pretty sure I'm not), but I think he's talking about buying a white macbook and something like the incase hardshell (in black).

I'd say go for it. If you don't need the speed, and you'd rather save the money, that's what I'd do. I'm pretty happy with my hardshell.

4. ll PiStoNs ll thread starter macrumors regular

You are correct.
    My dads macbook is a 2.1 ghz white one that he got in 07 . It seems fast enough for traditional uses like word and safari, but I'm also thinking I might get bored at times in college (1 class on Tuesday and Thursday) and I could take advantage of bootcamp and play gears of war on it or something. Will the 2.1 be sufficient or would I be better off with the 2.4 ghz blackbook with 2 gb memory?????

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Just get the 2.1, but your own 2GB RAM and hard case; the 2GB RAM should not cost more than $40.

6. yien macrumors newbie

if you want to play gears of war ull need the macbook pro. the integrated graphics in the blackbook/macbook cant handle a game like that. It's probably cheaper to just build a gaming pc and get a entry level macbook than to get the pro