White Macbook with a black "stain" on display casing

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by saccento, Mar 1, 2009.

1. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

anyone else have this?
    it's right under the apple logo on the outside casing.

I noticed this a few days ago, and I brought to the Apple Store today, and they said I would have to pay for it because it's cosmetic damage.

I think thats unfair because I believe it's a cosmetic defect, that the owner did not cause.

anyone?..

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

did it come out of the box with that mark? if not, then it's not a defect. take a toothbrush and some toothpaste (very TINY amount) and rub on the mark.

3. saccento thread starter macrumors 6502a

saccento

its not on the outside, it's on the inside of the casing. cleaning it won't take it off. sorry for not stating this in the original post.

no, it wasn't like this out of the box, but neither was my cracked keyboard casing, which was considered a defect.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Yes, but for cosmetic defects, usually if it's not out of the box, then it's not a defect. the topcase (palmrest cracks) however was deemed a cosmetic defect. Any pictures of the black mark? Makes things a lot easier.

5. saccento thread starter macrumors 6502a

saccento

i just tried taking pictures with my iphone, but you cant make it out.. i'll take pictures in the morning.. i'm just frustrated about this.