White macbook won't turn on anymore after cleaning

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by drummerdimitri, Aug 25, 2016.

1. drummerdimitri macrumors newbie

So after having opened up the laptop after years of use for cleaning and re-pasting the cpu and gpu, my laptop won't start at all.

The battery died a while ago so I've been using it without one without any problems prior to the disassembly.

After doing so, the macbook won't do anything upon pressing the power button. The magsafe adapter light is green but it just doesn't seem to want to start anymore.

It actually booted once after many tries but never again.

I've tried almost everything like resetting the pram, smc, re-seated the airport card, made sure the ram was seated correctly etc...

What else can I do? I'm reluctant to take it for repair since it is no longer worth the cost of inspection in my opinion.

Thanks!

2. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

Check the top case/keyboard cable is firmly plugged in. and try powering on before fully re-assembly. See if that makes any difference.

3. where is it macrumors 6502

where is it

Sounds like you have a dry joint or something somewhere that you disturbed in the cleaning process. Could mean a new logic board if you can't spot the problem. I assume this is a really old laptop?