White marks on my MacBook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by dmshaikh, Aug 28, 2012.

1. dmshaikh macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm a long time browser here on the MacRumors forums but this is my first post. I couldn't figure out the source of certain white marks on my Air's (the most recent model) body (to the left of the tab key, right on the edge of the machine, above the headphone jack), so I thought I'd ask you guys. You can see some images of the marks here.

The marks also seem to be accompanied by a sort of dent right beside the headphone jack. I have no idea how such a dent is possible. There also seems to be a bit of burning on the headphone jack (you likely cannot see it in the images). I say it seems to be burning because a portion of the jack has become brown.

Does anyone have an idea of what could have caused this? Do you think I could take it to the Genius bar for a repair?

2. midtownhd macrumors member

are they permanent? if so, I would definitely ask for an exchange.

3. dmshaikh thread starter macrumors newbie

They are permanent. I just feel like Apple will make an excuse for not repairing it. I don't see how the white mark or the tiny dent got there without affecting anything else. They are likely related to each other but I have never dropped anything on my Air so I'm not sure what caused them.

4. Clodey macrumors member

5. dmshaikh thread starter macrumors newbie

But I've had this machine for almost 2 months now. I feel like I would be blamed for it. It can't hurt to try I guess.

6. taipan61 macrumors 6502

if you've got the time take it in and see what they say...the worst they can do is say "no", but they're generally polite about it

on a side note, what skin do you have on your keyboard?

7. dcorban macrumors 6502a

dcorban

Yes, of course your position seems weak. I suggest not spending any further time on this. If you had went to the store within the return period, you would have received a replacement with no questions asked.