White noise during calls?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pinkstiletto66, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Pinkstiletto66 macrumors 6502a

Im assuming it's ATT's reception but do you iPhone 4 users hear it during calls? It almost sounds like a VoIP phone call. Oddly enough my 1x cellphone doesn't give me that. Could it be the phone or a combination of the two?

2. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

First time I used some triplefi headphones on a cell phone I was astounded bu how much noise is on a cell call. You just can't hear it on a little speaker on the handset.

3. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Is it every time you ring anyone? Or only with a certain person, I mean the person could have a faulty Mic or something.

Ive never noticed it on mine.

5. dude-x macrumors regular

The carriers intentionally add white noise because are people are so used to the old analog phones that pure silence sounds like a dropped call.

Good headphones will make this noise apparent.

You shouldn't hear it loudly from the phone earphone though. If you do, that's probably a problem.

6. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ever phone call I hear it. I don't use the earphones when I'm making most of my calls. Either way I hear it with both the headphones and headset alone.

7. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502a

While dialing, and the phone is ringing I hear it. When the pick up it's throughout the call. I get distracted sometimes. Like a miniture rainfall in the background. Lol.

8. zephxiii macrumors 6502

Yea white noise is added sometimes to the network. AT&T in the DC area has it on their network, but AT&T in my area (N. IN) does not.

9. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Are you serious about adding white noise? That doesnt make any sense. Lol. It's distracting. What kind of  is that? Mannnnn.. I'm so done with AT&T. No bueno.

10. zephxiii macrumors 6502

I found it kinda nice actually? It's subtle. You'd let this bother you that much? LOL, they aren't the only ones that have done something like this.

11. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lol. Subtle. I like my calls clear.

12. zephxiii macrumors 6502

What I hear when I call back east an only be heard in-between speech, and I could barely hear it then.

13. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gotcha. So apparently it's normal for the iPhone whether if be AT&T or the phone. Thanks all 

14. Misfitgirl macrumors newbie

Misfitgirl

I have an android (still) and i get some creepy white noise voice. Does your screen ever black out for a second and then come back? Does it happen always or for certain calls? Mines just one person!

15. hamiltonDSi macrumors 68000

hamiltonDSi

This thread is 5 years old and the iPhone 4 is forgotten. Why on Earth are you replying ?