White Nvidia MacBook 10.5.6 Build Number?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ThomasJL, Feb 1, 2009.

1. ThomasJL macrumors 6502a

Could some of you please post the build number of 10.5.6 that came pre-installed on your new white Nvidia MacBook?

(The reason I ask is because I'm thinking about getting one, and since it would be a major hassle to reinstall my numerous applications, I just want to swap my old MacBook's hard drive into the new one. This will not be possible if the 10.5.6 that comes pre-installed on the white Nvidia MacBook has a different build number from the 10.5.6 build that I'm using.)

2. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Good q. I'd imagine it'll still be 9G55 seeing as though the chipset is the same as the existing unibodies, but who knows.

However if it isn't you can still migrate your data and apps over. Just clone your drive to the new MacBook (FW Target Disk Mode to the rescue!). Then boot the new MacBook with the installer DVD. Do an "Archive & Install" and check "Preserve Users and Network Settings" etc.

3. damov2 macrumors regular

See below:apple:

Attached Files:

4. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Wooo! Special new build with secret features and .plists that reveal upcoming quad-core iMacs and Mac minis! :D

5. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

Wooohoo! maybe they'll also release snow leopard with it :D
    and hopefully when USB 3.0 comes out summer 2010, they'll do a refresh for the aluminum macbooks (i'll be buying mine for college) :apple:

6. ThomasJL thread starter macrumors 6502a

Damn, there goes my plans to buy a white Nvidia MacBook. I'm using 10.5.6 build 9G55 on my Santa Rosa 2.2 MacBook.

I'll have to wait until 10.5.7 comes out, and see if that brings all Mac portables to the same build number.

7. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

You can migrate everything over you know - see my previous post.
    However if there's nothing wrong with your current MacBook I'd wait until a bigger upgrade comes out - like the Core i7 chips.

8. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Migration Assistant

Why not just use Migration Assistant? "Mac OS X 10.5: Using Migration Assistant to transfer files from another Mac"

9. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

I'm waiting...my Core Duo still works great.

10. ThomasJL thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the suggestion, and I appreciate you taking the time to write it, however, migration assistant is not an option for me for the following reason:

• I have a nice 200GB Hitachi 7200 RPM hard drive that I'm currently using, and I want to continue using it if I get a new MacBook.

I don't want to go through the hassle of formatting my current 7200 RPM drive, doing a clean install with the special build of 10.5.6, and then reinstalling all my applications and data. I would much rather wait for a 10.5.7 update that brings all Macs to the same build number, and then just slide my current drive inside and immediately have it up and running.