iPhone White on grey: in-browser drop down selector wheel colors very hard to see

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MinimusMaximus, Jan 2, 2015.

1. MinimusMaximus macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 5s with iOS 8.1.2.

Theres this annoying issue where if I select a drop-down option in a web browser it brings up the selection wheel, but the colors are white text on light grey background which is very hard to see. Not even the selected text changes colors.

This is only an issue in web browsers (Chrome and Safari). Native apps that use selector wheels such as Alarm or Calendar apps do not have this issue... well at least the selected text highlights black in color.

This cant be normal is it? Is there a workaround? Tweak, or color changing utility that will correct this?

See attachment for screenshot of what this looks like.

Attached Files:

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Have you tried that on another website? The colors are normal on mine.

3. MinimusMaximus thread starter macrumors newbie

Happens with every website.
    It's very browser specific but happens on both Chrome and Safari which is weird.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The only thing that comes to mind is your wallpaper. iOS 7 and up will change text color from black to white depending on the color of the wallpaper. Try changing wallpaper to see if it impacts the wheel colors.

5. MinimusMaximus thread starter macrumors newbie

That's a good suggestion because I do have an all black background. But even after changing wallpapers the text is still white.