White or Black Bumper?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Moshe1010, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Moshe1010 macrumors 6502a

I saw the pictures here and really don't know which one to choose, what do you think? (my iPhone 4 is black)

2. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

when i pre-ordered my phone on the 1st i got the white one. hopefully it ships this week

3. VTAb182 macrumors regular

If I were getting a bumper case, I'd wait until some 3rd party ones come out. I don't like the fact that the Apple bumpers don't fit too tight (as some have reported), the fake buttons on the case, or the price (I know, overstated, but still). With that said, I like the black bumper more.

4. bbwinkle macrumors member

I'd go with black and trust your own use. Only people with problems complain, majority cases fit tightly. Also, the buttons are great! They're just like the real ones and allow you to feel like the iPhone is naked.

5. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

6. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Pink!

Black has a less cheap look to it than White, even though it's probably cheaper to make.

7. Yinger macrumors newbie

had the black... picked up the white today... I prefer the white since everyone already has black.

8. fk51785 macrumors regular

I like both Green & White. I saw Black on Black, and didn't really liked it.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

10. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

I have the Black one but after seeing the White Bumper images, I think I could actually be happy with both. (Moody iPhone days).

I'm not all impressed with the Bumper even tho it's better than nothing.
    I'm in a holding pattern and using the Black bumper till Seidio releases their line. Link the back needs to be covered and I need the option to place it while covered into a clip that rotates. So the combo works well for my daily grind. The 3GS case I used was as perfect as I could ask for in an iPhone case. It's just a preference thing. Bumper is fine, just not complete.

11. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Same here. I love the bumper and feel it is a very high quality part. I have a full body skin on my phone and the bumpers fits nice and snug.

I like the black but after getting the white I'd have to say the white looks extremely sharp. I'll switch back and forth but if I had to choose one I'd say white.

My black one was free from Apple, I bought the white one.

12. tokiidokii macrumors regular

i have the black and i think it looks great. i've been wanting the white bumper but i'm just worried that it'll start to look dirty in about a week of normal use.

with black, micro/hairline scratches are well hidden but i'm not sure how well the white will hide imperfections. also i think the white might be prone to discoloration as well.

with that said, i'm still kinda torn between the white and black but i'm leaning more towards black now since i'm so anal in wanting to keep my stuff looking 'new' and i just think if i got white, i'll be cleaning/buffing out the scratches every minute :p

if anyone has info on how well the white stays 'clean' please post it here... i might still get it as 'back up' lol

13. jenavery1016 macrumors newbie

White....the contrast to your phone should look sharp.
    Just an opinion of course. :rolleyes:

14. stcizzle macrumors regular

Definitely WHITE BUMPER

I have a black iphone 4. I would really like the white iPhone 4 and white bumper but I had a black bumper on it and it looked great but my son chewed through it and ruined it so I got a white one an it seems to fit the phone much better with less play around the edges and I like it much better than the black! It makes the phone stand out a lot and doesn't look like im holding any other black brick device. I love it.

15. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

howd you find this super old thread haha its all good tho, i love white and black contrast with anything. I think a black bumper on white iphone would look even better :p

16. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Hahaha I'm torn too, I just got the white bumper on my black phone but I'm scared it will get discolored by some reviews I seen, I wonder if the new bumpers will not do that ? And I mean new as in the Verizon/ ATT bumper. Also with the black bumper u can see alot of hairline scratches on the sides of the bumper it self.

17. JASApplications macrumors 65816

White Bumper and Black iPhone are a cool contrast.

18. IJBrekke macrumors 6502

Had the white one, got discolored within 2 months. I have a black one now, and I like it better than what the white one was looking like towards the end. Here's how I'd rank it, best to worst:

1) Clean white bumper
    2) Black bumper
    3) Dirty white bumper

So you can really decide for yourself. I kept my phone in my jeans pocket for those two months, fyi. Never dropped it. But that bumper was DIRTY within 2 months. I tried cleaning it with baking soda, Magic Eraser, and finally bleach. Never got any better.

19. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

white was my first choice but blue was the color i got since thats all they had in stock and still have it. bought an original brand new black one on eBay about 2 months later and about 3 months ago the rubber edge started to rise and not sit tight on the screen. last week the rubber separated from the plastic and went back to my blue bumper. i just bought an original white bumper on eBay last night and we'll see how it holds up?

20. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

21. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

look like the ones from SWbox, cheap and buttons feel off before i put it on the iPhone.

22. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

I checked out that SWbox site..they were a jip for shipping..the one I got feels and looks exactly like the one I got from Apple when they were doing the free case thing. My free one was finally falling apart after about 8 months of use.

23. Kisey macrumors 6502a

The white bumpers get dirty pretty quick, and I have yet to find a way to clean em.

24. stcizzle macrumors regular

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stcizzle
    I have a black iphone 4. I would really like the white iPhone 4 and white bumper but I had a black bumper on it and it looked great but my son chewed through it and ruined it so I got a white one an it seems to fit the phone much better with less play around the edges and I like it much better than the black! It makes the phone stand out a lot and doesn't look like im holding any other black brick device. I love it.
    howd you find this super old thread haha its all good tho, i love white and black contrast with anything. I think a black bumper on white iphone would look even better

Looks like I revived the thread, lol. I didn't even notice how old it was when I posted. I googled black vs white bumper and this came up and I was just reading haha

25. devemake macrumors newbie