White or Black? (Considering no pre-order for White)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nrwrit3r, Jun 15, 2010.

  1. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

    May 25, 2010
    EDIT: If you're wanting to wait a month and see if white is released, might as well buy black then return if white comes.

    Now that you can't order white, are you going to go black instead?

    I mean they both have advantages...white shows less fingerprints and appears more "clean", but black makes video look better on the screen and is more sleek, and also probably won't show as much dirt.
  2. M87 macrumors 65816

    Jul 18, 2009
    I'm thinking... Order black and if news on the white comes in a few days you can always cancel the black pre order.
  3. skillz1318 macrumors regular

    Mar 21, 2006
    Yes already reserved black at best buy. I wanted a white one, but can't wait for it to be released. I'm sure I will still be happy.
  4. Nrwrit3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

    May 25, 2010
    Wow a lot of people are like me and wanted white but are going black.
  5. highertechnology macrumors 6502a

    Jul 31, 2009
    I wanted white but will probably go to the store super early and try to score one on location. I pre-ordered black but am hoping the inventory is just to low for pre-order.
  6. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000


    Nov 18, 2009
    Yep as bad as I wanna get the white one like you guys, I'm just gonna get the black one and then exchange it with a white one when it comes out, and I'll pay the $18 restocking fee, that isn't gonna stop me from getting my white shiny sexy iPhone 4 :D
  7. palmerc2 macrumors 68000


    Feb 29, 2008
    Los Angeles
    ha, only 8 people chose option #2, not that many people in my eyes....

    anyways...I just don't know what to think about them not having white. My decision was set on white, after lots of back and forth it's what I want...and now I can't even pre-order it....BULL***T!!!! pisses me off, as I am sure it does a lot of other people as well.

    I am one click away from being able to pre-order black, I just don't know if I should do it or not. Apple better have an exchange policy, for when the white one is available that we can swap them out for free.

    again, major bull***t
  8. ryguy2303 macrumors 6502


    Jul 27, 2009
    Pre-ordered white at Best Buy…not sure what to expect.
  9. wickedawesome31 macrumors member

    Jun 14, 2008
    I'm going to ride out the storm and hope that the white iPhone gets released at a reasonable date (Keeping my fingers crossed for launch day).
  10. Blueline29 macrumors 68020


    Jun 16, 2009
    Indian Rocks Beach, FL
    That's my plan as well.
  11. chelsea.tone macrumors regular


    Oct 1, 2009
  12. uoduckies macrumors newbie

    Mar 7, 2009
    I just got back from pre-ordering my Black one at BestBuy and they were taking orders for the White. They told people that they will have them on the 24th. So not sure if the person was mis-informed or Bestbuy is special.
  13. Jaro65 macrumors 68040


    Mar 27, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Same here. Except I'll wait even longer in order to get an unlocked model.
  14. thechungster macrumors regular

    Nov 12, 2008
    Have always wanted the white one, but I reserved a black one for next Thursday anyway. Hoping there's more news regarding the white one since I'd love that.
  15. f00f macrumors 65816


    Feb 18, 2009
    New Yawk
    Exercising patience and holding out for white. We've got another week and change till launch; hopefully we get some news about the white and can preorder in time for the launch. If not, no biggie.

Share This Page