White or Black iPhone 4S for Guy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsf8x, Oct 19, 2011.

?

White or Black iPhone 4S?

1. White

146 vote(s)
    61.6%
  2. Black

91 vote(s)
    38.4%
  1. jsf8x macrumors 6502

jsf8x

Some people say its weird for guys and its girlish but I really like the white.. Your opinions?

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

choose what you want. People who judge people on there cellphones colour have issues. Really, really friends won't give a hoot. I like both, depends on what case though :)

3. kramjam macrumors 6502

kramjam

I don't think so. I see plenty of guys with the white iPhone, and I plan to get one soon as well. Who cares what people think?

4. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

don't let others deter you from what you want. Liking a color doesn't determine your sexuality. The ones that say so can shove it.

On another note: Black looks sleek and sexier than the white since its more glossy in my opinion but I've had black iPhones for years this time I got a white

5. urkel macrumors 68030

All my dude friends in San Francisco have white iPhones. No big deal.

6. bcbryanc macrumors member

My iPhone 4 was white and I got the 4s in white, I think it's a general pre fence on what you would want.

White is different and stands out more, only problem is... everyone seems to want white now or at least the people that wanted the iPhone 4 in white, got the 4S in white.

I am debating exchanging mine for a Black one.

7. nfl46 macrumors 603

White IS right. :)

By the way, I'm black. Lol. No pun intended.

8. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

I myself got a black one... However when I was chatting with the apple associate passing out the tickets in line, he said the most popular phone was the white iPhone 16GB

9. macse30 macrumors regular

macse30

It's not "girlish" to have a white phone. Asking people to help you decide on the other hand...

10. Savor Suspended

Savor

Black is better looking to me, but go for whatever color you want and don't let others' opinions dictate your choices. Black is played out, and considering 4S is an incremental update, you might as well get white and try something different. It doesn't show fingerprints as much as clearly as black. I just saw a guy who looked like a jock carry a white iPhone with a pink bumper on it. Who am I to judge? People shouldn't really care about other's choices in life or sexual orientation. For all I know, a white + pink combo looks good to him and he could care less of homophobia or assumptions. I know plenty of straight men wear pink shirts too.

Go white if YOU feel it's right.

11. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

I got white this time 'round (had a black 4). I like it better, I think. Definitely very apparent that it's an iPhone and that it's an Apple product. Also looks fitting next to my iMac's keyboard ^_^

Ask yourself, were white iPods too girly?

12. Synergie macrumors 6502a

How on earth is white considered a GIRLY colour??? Black and White are both as neutral as you can get!

13. jade macrumors 6502

I personally like black, but these colors are neither masculine or feminine.

14. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

i really fear for the future of intellectual conversation between adults on this forum when you get threads like this one...

are you for real??

are you that insecure about what colour your phone is you need to ask people you dont even know?

honestly....get a life

15. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I personally like the black phones. The white looks nice but I don't think I would like it day in and day out!!! Get what you like!

16. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

I bought a black 4 because the white was delayed, went with the white this time around on the 4S. I think the white is more applesque. Plus it shows less fingerprints.

17. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I've ordered a White IPhone this time. I don't see how White could be interpreted as a girls colour. Maybe a garish bright Pink but not White.

18. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Is this a joke?

Shocking how insecure some guys are, it's sad to be honest... :(

IT'S JUST A COLOR :)

That said, get the white iPhone 4S

19. cerisier macrumors member

I voted for white, since I definitely don't see white or black being gender specific. If you end up getting the white and regret it later on, just put it in a case :)

20. transam7816 macrumors regular

If you had the nerve to ask..you should get black

21. MarkLal macrumors regular

white for me...who cares what others think..carrying a white iphone around doesn't affect my masculinity...im pretty confident about that..
    :apple:

22. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

It's not like it's flaming, neon pink. I chose black because I like the understated look better, but c'mon - who cares if certain people who have doubts about themselves think it's girlish?

23. renesandy macrumors regular

renesandy

I had both the black and white 4 and for me the deciding factor was the fact that everybody seems to be getting the white nowadays, and I don't like the light sensor on the white, so I got the black 4S.

24. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

What will make it manliest, regardless of iPhone color, is a bright pink bumper.

25. shadrap macrumors 6502

I had white and loved it, but as a business owner I feel black is more professional looking. So now I have black.