White or black?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3bs, Oct 1, 2011.

1. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

To those of you who have a white iPhone 4, do you notice that any dirt or dust or fingerprints or anything are more noticeable on the white iPhone? I want to know so it can help me decide what to pick for the upcoming iPhone.

2. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

From what i've seen, having a white one will require more work to keep it clean. I've seen white iPhones and iPads look beige or yellow, looks disgusting.

I've always had a black iPhone and i don't plan to change. It's up to you.

3. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

What do you think made them that colour? I'm pretty careful when it comes to my gadgets so I doubt I'd let them go that colour.

4. ap3604, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011

ap3604 macrumors 68000

White for me :)

- Shows less fingerprints

- Hard to see scratches compared to the black

- Reflects light so the battery doesn't get as hot and degrade as much as the black (important for us people with OCD in southern california summertimes in the car when its 100* and you need to use GPS)

- Great conversation starter with random chicks that notice it and want one

- Better resale value on Craigslist

- Looks amazing... personal opinion ;)

5. ann713 macrumors 6502a

One thing about the white iPhone is that fingerprints aren't very noticeable but when dirt will get into the edges and cracks, it's very bothersome. It's certainly an effort to keep it looking cleaner but that's the price I'm will to pay. All of my iPhones have been white, and with the iPhone 5 coming out, it's a no-brainer for me. :)

6. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I'd go for black again because I've also seen some degradation in the white IPhone models friends have. I'll get the black and wait for the inevitable customisable coloured parts to come out. ;)

7. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

Well the thing is I currently have a black iPhone 4 (my first iPhone) and if it's true that we'll only be getting a spec bump and no redesign then getting the next iPhone in black won't make it feel like I've actually bought a new phone. But if I get a white one then that won't be the case.

8. Qoo macrumors 6502

i would go for WHITE if available in the launched day, cuz currently using black iPhone 4 :D

9. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

If you take care of it (I don't doubt you wont) then you will have no problems. It's just personal preference and it is a little harder to maintain the cleanliness but it won't look like crap unless you drop it in mud or something similar :p

10. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

Yeah I think that's what I'm gonna do. I just hope it's available for preorder in Ireland close to whenever it is in the US

I put an invisible shield on the back of my iPhone 4 soon after getting it and I barely notice it so I'm probably gonna do the same so I at least won't have to worry about the back

11. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I do the same thing as you. As soon as I get the phone screen protectors go on :)