White remote no longer works?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by grant.smith, Jul 27, 2011.

1. grant.smith macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a 24" iMac which came with a white remote, I have to admit I never really use it, apart from when I want to movie trailers :)

Anyway, now I have installed Lion, it no longer works?

Any ideas how I can restore this function?

2. FredTheDeadHead macrumors member

It would be old enough that the battery may be dead. Push the 'dimple' on the bottom end, and pull the battery tray out. Try a new one, or see if you can just test the old one.

3. Trouser Cough macrumors member

Trouser Cough

Crowded Busses, Cramped Elevators, Taco Bell
    Same thing happened to me. Try this (I know, it's a little odd, but it works)
    place the remote in the meat drawer in your fridge overnight. in the morning, try it. Something about the protein in the confined space and humidity solves the compacitive issue inside the older remotes.

4. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

It's possible the battery is dead and needs replacing. However you may or may not know Front Row is no longer included in OS X so that also may be what you're experiencing. I've found mine controls the volume on my iMac, however like you mine rarely if ever got used.

5. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Could the battery in the remote be dead? I guess I was late to the party. Need to remember to refresh before posting. :eek:

6. grant.smith thread starter macrumors newbie