white screen after digitizer/screen replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by klynnfarris, Mar 10, 2012.

1. klynnfarris macrumors newbie

i have an iphone 3gs that was working juts perfectly it just had a terriibly cracked screen. i ordered a new screen/digitizer assembly off of ebay and it came in the mail today. after isntalling i got the apple logo for awhile and then the reboot symbol for the remainder of the time (about 10 minutes or longer) but it was recognized in itunes. I figured maybe something wasn't connected right (even though i think my judgement on that was poor) so i tried reconnecting everything and just ended up getting a white screen. since i new the phone was working with the old digitizer i put the lcd back with it and put it back in the phone and now that is even giving me a white screen.

everything im seeing is telling me my lcd is broken but im really not sure how i could have broken it seeing as how i was extremely careful with it. are there any other possibilities or any solutions?
    thanks

2. summerjoy macrumors newbie

having the same problem here with my iphone4. did you find any solutions?

3. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

Did you try to hard reset the phone? (hold home+sleep for about 15 seconds until the phone reboots)

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You probably damaged the LCD connector at some point. Either that or it's not connected all the way.

5. klynnfarris thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I tried dong a reset and that didn't work. I think you're right about the LCD connector being broken. I'm not sure if it's the connector attached to the LCD or the one on the motherboard that I damaged. Is there any way to tell which one it could be?

6. luisadastwin macrumors regular

luisadastwin

I've changed Glass + Digitizer many times (after cracking the glass) and I got a White Screen after some replacements.

First time it happened to me, I quit trying to search where the problem was so I replaced LCD for a new one (20$ eBay LCD) and solved the problem.

Now, occasionally, screen can go white again and a simple tap on power off and then on again solves the problem temporarily (or a reset with 10 seconds POWER + HOME).

For what I've read in many posts, it's almost certain that there's an hardware issue in the LCD or the main board connectors / ribbons when you got a white screen.

Of course, everybody is always hoping (like me) to solve occasional white screen without having to replace LCD... :(