White screen at leopard startup

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macloverit, Jan 1, 2008.

1. macloverit macrumors newbie

Hi there. I have a problem after the installation of Leopard. I have installed Leopard onto one of my 4 hard disk (I have a mac pro with 4 hard drive each of 500 GB capability becasue I make videoediting). Please note that I use Tiger as main system but I wont upgrade to Leopard. The problem is that after the installation, if I select Leopard as startup disk when I restart the computer I obtain a white screen for a few minutes, and then start Tiger. I check the startup disk on Tiger and it is select Leopard. I have tried to repair privileges, reset the PRAM and, last, to reinstall Leopard on another of my 4 hard disk with the re-initialaize option but I obtain always the same result.

If I re-start the computer (not shut down but restart) the computer start correctly from Leopard. Another way is to start with option key and I can choose the startup disk. Of course I have makes all the upgrade from Apple (Leopard 10.5.1)

Please help me if possibile and excuse me for my bad english.

Antonio.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

What about when you hold down Alt (Option) at startup?

3. macloverit thread starter macrumors newbie

If I hold down Alt (option) at startup I can choose the startup disk (Tiger or Leopard) and it is possible to choose the system I want, but it is not a right way :)-

4. macloverit thread starter macrumors newbie

It is possible that the problem is on Tiger and not on Leopard?