White Screen of Death, among other things.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iphoneloser, Jan 25, 2011.

1. iphoneloser macrumors newbie

Hey all, I regret the decision of letting my brother borrow my Iphone because he managed to drop it down a flight of stairs, successfully making it get the white screen and then shut off a few seconds later. I tried to reset the Iphone by holding the power button and the home button, I get black lines on the side when I do this and it shuts off and I turn it back on and the Iphone still has the white screen. Also I tried to plug the Iphone into my computer but nothing happens when I do that and it acts like nothing has plugged into the computer, however when I plug it into the computer the Iphone stays on. I opened the Iphone to see if the wires were loose and they werent and I made sure they werent. I don't have a warranty on it anymore and Im afraid Im doomed. Any suggestions?

2. rottenapples macrumors newbie

What generation....

White screen, if you are sure it is not the no.3 connector, assuming 3G etc. Then a good bet is the screen.

BUT

I am sure it should still be recognised in the PC/MAC when plugged in.

The display is sensitive to damage, it is only £20 so a cheap repair. and easy if you take the time. Make sure you spend the few extra bucks on a genuine.
    I had a water damaged no back-light phone, fixed that, only to find a white screen from taking it apart a few times (new display fixed it for me)

Also maybe the lower dock mechanism maybe bust, not heard of that from a drop though. Sometimes this will cause charging, GSM, iPhone not recognised etc. Worth checking that connector also (Lower left)
    It is also a cheap part...

Tis up to you..

But keep reading around.

Just my experiences.