White Screen of Death

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ldkaplan, Jul 17, 2008.

1. ldkaplan macrumors regular

ldkaplan

My phone froze up on me when receiving a call. I pressed the home button and next thing I know my screen goes white.

My wife called me and the phone would ring but nothing on the screen and could not pick up.

No worries though, I sync'd it then restored. All seems okay so far.

So in case this happens to anyone else, just restore. It takes a bit for it to download from Apple but just be patient.

2. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

mine just did this. I hope that when I go home and sync it this will work. :eek:
    I just got lucky. I guess when I went from a cold cold computer room to a very warm outside it messed it up. I am back in the computer room now and finally after a few tries of trying to turn it off and on it worked.
    I don't know if it got condensation in there from the difference in the cold and heat but it seems to have worked itself out.
    I thought i was going to have to work my way on over to the apple store today. Thankfully I don't have to. Next time I won't try to take it from sleep mode until it acclimates itself to the outdoors.

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

instead of syncing, i believe if you just hold the sleep button and the home button for about 5-10 seconds the phone will reset itself. it will go back to the apple logo and after a minute it should boot up. good luck.