White Screen on Iphone 3gs - HELP!? - phone works though

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rmpstudio, Jul 9, 2009.

1. rmpstudio macrumors member

Yes, i've tried the hard reset already.

It seems as though a connector came loose inside but just in case there's another solution, let me hear them.

I'm currently at Apple Store in line waiting for them to call my name - could be hours though :(

the phone works fine but only via bluetooth commands because the screen is unresponsive. I can only make and receive (because i can't answer them without bluetooth headset or wired earphones) calls when i'm in my bluetooth enabled car.

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

You're in an Apple Store.
    And you decide to ask us what you should do with your obviously defective phone? You need to get it replaced. Why will it take hours? Didnt you schedule a genius bar appointment? I was in and out in 30 minutes with a new phone when I scheduled a genius bar apt. I'm not being rude. Im saying that you have the only authoritative figure who can tell you what they will do maybe 15 feet from us and you're asking us? I think you've done all you can do if you've done a restore.

3. rmpstudio thread starter macrumors member

Well,.. since i obviously didn't have a working phone (and i didn't have access to internet either), i couldn't make an appointment with the Genius Bar.

Posting here was merely a way to see if somebody else had a similar problem and to help others who might be wondering what to do.

Apple tech dude replaced my screen. Fixed.