White screen Purgatory.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kozay, Feb 13, 2009.

1. kozay macrumors newbie

Recently, my Ipod touch's screen has gone into a never ending white screen(of course only going black when turned off) and I've googled and youtubed this problem only to find people telling me to hold down the home and power button to reset the Ipod touch. Doesn't work. I've had people telling me to simply click restore on Itunes. Yes, it restored everything but the screen is still white. Someone help?

I live in Guam so there is no Apple Store here to send it in, so a solution would be really awesome.

Also, If I had to buy a new Ipod touch, do you think it'd be wise to be patient and wait fore the 3rd gen? I just don't want to buy a 2nd gen and end up being awed whatever is on the 3rd gen.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Google DFU and try restoring through that mode. (If you have the latest Mac OS also find out how to get DFU to work with that first.)

If that doesn't work, and you are thinking of buying another Touch, well, new iPod models are usually announced in late August / early September and appear in stores around late Sept / early Oct. So if Apple sticks to this schedule, you are in for more than a half year wait before the new models come out.