white screen when playing fullscreen video in youtube in safari

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by friendchet, Jul 24, 2012.

1. friendchet macrumors newbie

Hi frnds...
    facing an issue with my rMBP.
    when i play videos in youtube in safari, they play just fine. but when i make them fullscreen, I sometimes get a white screen. not sure why...
    this started couple of days back.
    has anyone faced this issue and if yes, how did you you get it resolved.
    Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks

2. Jipster23 macrumors member

Did you by chance install a safari extension called youtube5 - so that you can play youtube videos in html5 format? If this is the case, when you first click video to run in fullscreen it will show up as a white screen but if you close this and re-open in full screen mode it will work.

3. friendchet thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, right. I did install click2plugin. I followed the guide(HIGH resolution youtube videos and safari) that was posted in this forum ...
    I am seeing the same behaviour that you stated. when I close and re-open in full screen, it works...
    so is this normal and is the white window harmless?

4. Jipster23 macrumors member

Trust me on this - Its completely normal. Its just that it takes the plugin a while to render it when switching to full screen. I have it installed on two different macs and it still appears the same way. Will not damage your mac and on the contrary it will actually save your battery and reduce GPU usage (in other words wont be running as hot as when you're running the video using flash)

Relax and enjoy your machine. ;)

5. friendchet thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot... i was getting worried. I feel much better now... :)

6. Jipster23 macrumors member

No probs mate.