Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gs Nemo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
My iphone 3gs has a white screen. When i try to hold the Home button and the power button for 10 seconds it just goes to a black screen. help??:confused:

Gs Nemo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
full white screen then black. but i can like hear the vibrate when i turn it on and off.... and it was working 2 days ago. please help ='[

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Sounds like you will need to replace the screen.
Its not something that can be fixed thru software or anything like that.
Either bring it to a repair shop to replace the screen or bring it to Apple if you're still under Applecare warranty.

elan123

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
543.jpg
full white screen then black. but i can like hear the vibrate when i turn it on and off.... and it was working 2 days ago. please help ='[

look on youtube for a fix screen video... buy the parts on ebay :)

Gs Nemo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
the screens not broken it was just working. and its obviously not broken because its a white scren...

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
explain how its broken then

Explain?
You either dropped it or the screen died that's all. What is there to explain? Electronics do mulfunction, break, burn out etc...
Its a hardware issue whether you want to believe it or not.
You CANNOT fix it by pressing any buttons or restoring it thru itunes.
If you have Applecare warranty bring it to Apple so they can replace it, if not find an iphone repair place to fix it or buy the parts and try to repair it yourself.
Not much else you can do.

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
The screen itself (glass) per se is not broken. However its ability to display is not functioning as it should.
This exact same problem occurred to my son's 3GS. Luckily we had applecare and they tried to change out the screen, but that did not fix it, so they replaced the whole unit. The problem was with the logic board.

However, I would suggest you at least try some of the "fixes" out on the internet. One might fix it for you.

Try this link to find suggestions.

Gs Nemo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
whent to apple and got new phone thank you everyone for the suggestions

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.