White screen

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dannymu, Aug 27, 2008.

1. dannymu macrumors newbie

I've been using a Mac OS X for almost a year. Today I tried to download an online game (can't remember the website which is ridiculous) and all of a sudden the safari stops working and I used the "force quit" thing. This has happened several times in the past but today it didnt work properly and it was taking ages to quit so I impaciently and stupidly removed the battery and the power cable so the Macbook would quit and I could then restart. Now whenever I turn it on, the screen gets white and thats it. The laptop doesn't open properly and I have tried using the help on this link http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1365 but nothing changes. Maybe I'm using the wrong tools but I'm getting very desperate as my dad will go really mad at me if he knows the laptop isn't working properly. And my semester at uni starts in under a month. Please help me!

Thanks a lot

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Either Use the OS X Disc to boot up and repair the Installation, or boot up holding shift to try to repair files.

TEG

3. dannymu thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. So I insert that disc and what I do I do? The screen gets white as soon as I turn the laptop on. I can't see anything else. Plus I forgot to mention can also turn it off by just clicking on the power button.