White Sector 5 on Gold iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by HelloMikee, Oct 9, 2013.

1. HelloMikee, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013

HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

I received by Sector 5 iPhone 5s case and am in love. The quality and feel of this product is top notch. The white matches perfectly for white iPhones. My colleague has the silver case which also compliments the white iPhone so long as you have the silver back. For the gold iPhone I would recommend the white. The gold screws, I must admit, are borderline tacky when next to the champagne colored iPhone. I can live with it but I’m debating ordering a second set of silver screws to blend in better (they do not have white).

Installing the case takes no more than a couple minutes. Simply unscrew the top right screw with the provided screw driver and slide the iPhone in. The case comes with side rash guard stickers and a backplate (which I am not using) as well as a right side silicone-like padding (I chose the clear color). At first I didn’t add it because I like the bare look of the sides of the iPhone, unfortunately it left a bit of space on the right side and if I gripped the phone, I would feel the side move into the phone. My colleagues case does not do this. It doesn’t look as good naked, but it feels better so I’ll take it.

Overall, I think this case is amazing. It adds just enough bulk onto the iPhone which makes it feel bigger without feeling too big, if that makes sense. I always felt that the iPhone was a tad bit too small in my hands so this added width is perfect for me.

My search for a premium case/bumper ends here. I love that it compliments the design of the phone while at the same time, keeping the design aesthetic in tact. Big fan here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. junglesnake macrumors 6502

junglesnake

It looks great!! I ran one for a long long time but I just got sick of the extra bulk it adds! I know it's not a lot but enough where I sold both cases I had from them! I like the sleek and thin look but that does look great!

3. bloodninj4 macrumors member

looks good

i have a silver sector 5 with silver screws debating on pairing it with a gold 5s or silver 5s. the pricing for spare screws on elements website is ridiculous.. 20$ for the set of 8 that you need for the sector 5.

I can see what you are saying about the gold screws looking tacky.

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Now that's a bargain. [​IMG]

5. rjbeh macrumors regular

Now that is a very clean & elegant photos taken there.

6. hidefguy macrumors 6502

7. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Looks good, I don't understand when they have those spaces in all four corners. Seems like they would be dust collectors.

8. ngocnguyen macrumors member

you should really read all the past Sector5 threads (and go to the Element Case website)..there's hundreds of threads regarding the design and purpose of components.

the corners are both an aesthetic part of the design as well as functioning part. The plastic corners help with reducing RF signal problems that an ALL ALUMINUM case has.

You should also look up the specs of the iPhone 5 and 5s and how the antennas (wifi, 3G, GPS) are designed...where they are etc. This will help you and anyone else understand why the Sector5 works and other cases do not.

Element seems to know what they are doing in terms of design..their past products: Vapor Pro and COMP worked perfect. Sector is no different. They're the cream of the crop IMHO.

9. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Congrats! That is just simply stunning!

I have seen lots of comments that signal is not affected, but when you have a chance can you check any of your navigation programs? I had trouble in the past with my e13ctron cases on my iPhone 4. But wow, your case looks so good I am willing to give it another shot!

10. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

that is UGLY I feel sorry for the Gold 5s :( ... seriously it looks like it just got lifted from a store display.

11. scoop2mylue macrumors 6502a

scoop2mylue

agree and the cost for one is crazy

12. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

Sorry, I'm not a big fan of the design. Viewing from the sides, I like the design in the bumper, but from the front and back? I don't like it. I know the corners stick out for functionality and design purposes, but it just looks so jarring compared to the simple shape and design of the iPhone. Not my cup o' tea.

Also, I never liked the look of white bumpers/cases on white iPhones. It makes the shape of the phone look weird considering its ALL white--kind of like it's one solid white weird-shaped object. The way some cases have lips and holes for the different ports....it just looks weird to me. To each their own.

13. Seven3Five macrumors newbie

I went to build this case and saw the only color options for the power button are gold (an extra $10!), black, red, or silver. What color power button did you go with to continue the look?

14. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Yeah, I find this hideous. It's just a woefully designed case on such an elegant device.

To each their own though!

15. HelloMikee thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

I have no had any problems with signals. From using spotify plus maps, no issues so far

----------

I did gold but honestly find it a bit tacky. If I could do it again I would use silver for the screws and power button