White Spots back again on 08 MBP. Argh

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pamon, May 18, 2010.

1. pamon macrumors 6502

I love my MBP but the white burnout spots are now back. I had apple replace the logic board and parts last year after giving them hell customer service wise and went through the processes to get it done via the executive customer service lines. Props to them and it was working perfectly when I got it back.

Now noticing the white spots are back and more noticeable on the MBP. Want a new one but $2500 is spendy right now. Any tech experts or macbook pro repair experts know what causes this or if it's a workable repair?

[​IMG]

2. ClassicII macrumors 6502

ClassicII

So you are saying that when you the motherboard was replaced the spots disappeared?

Its wierd because just by looking at the screen it looks an awful like LCD pressure mark damage.

3. Mark.W macrumors member

+1. These look like typical pressure marks.

4. iWoolf macrumors newbie

Not pressure Damage

I had this problem within the first year and brought it to the apple store thinking that it was caused by myself through pressure damage.

They took it no questions asked and replaced the screen free of charge within 2 days.

Found out that it is a know issue with these models, defective screens or something. Nothing to due with pressure damage of any kind. I also had this verified by someone inside apple later on.

Now some 5 years later after my applecare has expired, I am experiencing dark smudge like spots appearing in random locations. No doubt another defect in workmanship.

This time out of my pocket for the replacement.... :(