White spots on lower side of the lcd screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SDAVE, Oct 16, 2010.

1. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

hi guys, so I have a late 2008/early 2009 MBP (The one with the ExpressCard slot, 15") and there is something new on my monitor that just happened recently. White spots.

Should I take it in to the genius bar? I already have had 2 issues with the laptop and they fixed it (flickering).

Attached Files:

2. Jack06 macrumors member

Yesterday I took my iPhone in to the apple store as the speaker was playing up, they just replaced it on the spot. The Geniuses and Apple staff in general are there to help you, I would just go along and see what they have to say, even if it is out of warranty, what have you got to lose?

3. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I have the 08 Unibody with Express Slot too. When I first got mine I noticed something weird in the colors. Especially when I surfed the web. The genius guy told me to play with it for awhile, and if it was still bothering me to bring it back.

A couple months later I noticed the same white spots that you have. So I took it back 3 weeks ago to the Genius Bar. They ordered me a new LCD screen. Went home and backed up all my stuff and waited until they called to come have it installed. I actually like the newer LCD better. It looks more like the current ones, or atleast the 2009 Unibody. The molding around the screen is a lot better. In fact idk if there was anything at the bottom of my old screen.

I didn't have the flickering. The calibration was always off and whenever I hovered my curser over a link on the web it would change 3-4 different colors. Definitely take it back. The bill for the thing was $700. So glad its under warranty. My 08 Unibody is less than a year old. :cool: