White spots on MacBook Pro screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JD92, Nov 29, 2011.

1. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

Hi all,

I have a 2 month old MacBook Pro which has developed two bright spots on the screen. They're not stuck pixels - the pixels still change colour as usual, but they're just brighter than the surrounding area, as if there's a backlight anomaly.

Anyone have any experience with these, and has anyone had any luck in getting Apple to repair the screen under warranty? I've seen quite a few reports of these online, with people saying they're going into the Genius Bar to see what they say, but they never report back what happened.

They look something like this [​IMG]

2. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

Maybe deadpixels?? I Have the same thing, except its just a small line in the mid top middle of the screen. Very very odd, mine also dont seem to be stuck, when actually not looking for it, i dont see it. Maybe we have the same issue?

3. JD92 thread starter macrumors 6502a

JD92

Just incase this helps anyone in future - I'm just back from the Genius Bar and the guy said they'd replace the screen no problem under warranty.

After looking at other threads from people with this same issue, it seems around 50% get it sorted under warranty no problem, and the other 50% get told that they caused the issue themself by applying excessive pressure to the screen at some point, and that they don't qualify for a warranty repair.

Maybe I got away with it because my MacBook is only two months old, and in perfect condition - plus the Apple Store I went to only opened a few weeks ago so maybe the Geniuses aren't quite up on everything. Anyway, glad I got it sorted.

4. randomrazr macrumors 65816