white spots?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dmoreno26, Jul 22, 2010.

1. dmoreno26 macrumors member

i have a white spot on my lcd...

it only shows when on light colored things filling the screen...
    doesnt show we black is whats on the screen

what is this? can i fix it?

2. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

3. dmoreno26 thread starter macrumors member

there it is.. idk what i should do

is there ne thing i can personally do or should i return

Attached Files:

4. dmoreno26 thread starter macrumors member

its not a huge deal but i got this mac like 2 weeks ago.. shouldnt be ne thing wrong with it! lol the honeymoons oveerrrrr

i was looking up dead pixels and such, but on a black backround nothing shows... i tried some tests for stuck pixels but nothing has worked.. hm =/

5. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

take it to the apple store if it's bothersome

6. chrisvee macrumors regular

Man, before finally settling on this MBP, I went through hell traveling back and forth to the Apple Store and replaced two of them. The first one I had, the battery indicator button, the one on the side, was difficult to press. The second one, the sleep indicator light didn't light up evenly.

These both were pretty minor problems, but knowing myself, these things would totally bug me.. And since I paid good money for this device and am planning on keeping it for a long time, I'd rather it being "perfect". :p

I was a bit embarrassed to go in for such small things, but whatever, I got my replacement, and now very happy with my notebook purchase. :)

So, in my opinion, go and try to get yourself a replacement? If the problem bugs you, why not right?

7. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I had similar issues on my old White MB. They were going to replace the LCD panel, but they found corrosion on the logic board :eek:. It was my fault. I spilled water on it about a year before attempting to get the LCD replaced, and it was working (almost perfectly) fine. When they found the water damage, they voided my warranty. I wanted to get a new computer when my warranty expired, so I figured that it would be a good time to buy-right after the 2010 MBP's came out. I had Apple take pictures of the corrosion. I will attach them for your viewing pleasure.

Attached Files:

8. dmoreno26 thread starter macrumors member

9. drambuie macrumors 6502a

Is the spot white on all colours, or are there just brighter spots on backgrounds other than white?

10. dmoreno26 thread starter macrumors member

its just on light color backrounds... for example on black or different colors you can not see it

11. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

This is called a pixel anomaly. It usually happens when pressure is put on the screen. But, it can happen even without any pressure, it may just be a defect.

12. brianfast macrumors regular

13. dmoreno26 thread starter macrumors member

would you return it if it were you?
    if you could? lol

14. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Well, some people don't give a darn about dead pixels, it's really about how you feel about it. Do you not wish to take it to the Apple store and have them look at it?

15. mynewromantica macrumors regular

I have the same issue. A previous poster was right about it being called a pixel anomaly. According to the genius bar it happens when pressure is applied to the back of the screen. He showed me one of the genius bar macbook pros and it had it way bad from hitting the counter too much.

They will not do any work on it.

Taking it in is worthless.

16. dmoreno26 thread starter macrumors member

well i bought it at bestbuy.... so i called them and it was past my 14 days but they said if it was defective, and not physical damage a manager will look at it and see if they can exchange it for me...

but **** is now i cant seem to find it now.. like i see it but it iss soooo dim.
    like i doubt they are gonna see it now..

ive tried a pixel fixer its like flashing colors.. and ive cleaned my screen..
    its like still there. but barely noticable ne more...

can these things fix themselves or is it still a defective screen. ugh

17. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

if a defect can no longer be seen then it is no longer a defect