White Stuff around speakers on new MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mnstr, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Mnstr macrumors newbie

Sorry i tried to search on this but did not come back with anything. I have a new MBP that I got on launch day and have noticed that all the small holes around the speakers have some white staining around them. It's strange as I can only see it when you are the right angle. Looks like something they might have used to wash the case before production or something like that. Anyone else getting this white hazy look over the speakers?? I will see if I can get a good photo of it tonight

2. Warranty Voider macrumors 6502

This is very common. Just about every single unibody MBP has it. However, from what I've read on these forums, it isn't dust or anything, its a bunch of small imperfections in each hole when it's drilled. It really doesn't matter though, unless you stare at the speakers all day, and not the display.

btw, I have tried every way imaginable to wipe the white stuff off on my MBP. It's not possible since they're physical imperfections.

3. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Well I've got it and it looks like a brown haze....when I look closer there are imperfections on some holes...they look larger than most of them. Thing is its only on my left side and the previous model I had didn't have them at all. Its not big deal, although I wish it could be fixed I'm not going to loose any sleep over it.

I was going to take iKlear to it before I noticed it was larger holes. I think the laser robot was drunk when my machine was done.

4. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Very normal.

Part of the manufacturing process, still left over after drilling out the speaker holes. You can really see it under some angles. Its just crud, if you really wanted to get rid of it, you would have to remove the case and get an aircan or something and blast it away and give it a good whipe.

I would not try to blow the crap into the laptop.

5. AndiG macrumors newbie

There where also speculations in the Apple forums that you can see the speakers through the holes. Until now I haven't seen a MBP without this issue so it is common.

6. zebbz macrumors member

ive read on these forums if u use tape and stick them over the grills and peel them off, it gets rid of them to an extent, it didnt make a difference at all however when i tried it though