White "thing" on back

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by arman94, Feb 27, 2016.

1. arman94 macrumors member

Hello everyone. Today I noticed that on the back side of Apple Watch Sport some white "thing". I tried to clean it, however it still there. It looks like when watch is charging maybe dust between charger and composite back melting or sth like that. Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

did you use soap?

3. arman94 thread starter macrumors member

Yeap, however it still there, actually I found in forum more information about this problem, but no solution.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Try taking it to the Apple Store and see what they say.

5. arman94 thread starter macrumors member

I've always had a bad luck with exchanging Apple products to refurbished ones, however, thank you for reply.

6. Chuck Kostalnick macrumors demi-god

Chuck Kostalnick

Arman, Apple doesn't give refurbished products when you get it replaced in a retail store. Instead, it's "Remanufactured". No components were used by someone, and it was tested individually versus in batch testing like you'd get with regular manufacturing. The reason it becomes "remanufactured" is because it failed during the first manufacturing process (taptic engine, battery, display, etc), and that component is replaced and then it is retested.

If you went to a carrier store or used an insurance like Asurion, you'll get a refurbished device - steer clear of that garbage.

7. arman94 thread starter macrumors member

Interesting thing, after wearing watch 2 days, it disappeared

8. Chuck Kostalnick macrumors demi-god

Chuck Kostalnick

Next time this happens, try cleaning it isopropyl alcohol. I use wipes made by MG Chemicals to clean my devices, and they work great. Not too moist and they are great at cleaning crud off my  Watch, Mac, Apple Cables, and Magic Keyboard. Just don't wipe displays with them.

9. Jukens macrumors regular

I would have to disagree with this. I sent in my defective watch and was returned a replacement that had a lot of dirt in between the crack around the heart rate sensor from being worn...

10. arman94 thread starter macrumors member

I exchanged my defected iPhone 5s (dust in camera) and got refurbished one. After using 1 month the whole housing was cracking, however during the time it passed, but quality was not the same.

11. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Sorry but there ARE "used" components in Apple's refurbs, without a doubt.

12. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Wow, you two must have bad luck. I have never received a replacement that looked any different than brand new. Only looking up the serial number revealed that they were indeed refurbished.

13. Chuck Kostalnick macrumors demi-god

Chuck Kostalnick

Of course in a refurbished product, but that is not what is given out as a replacement unit. Those are remanufactured, which I explained in my post.