White Unibody Bottom Plate Colour Change...!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by eemerald, Jan 24, 2010.

1. eemerald macrumors newbie

The sleeve I keep my laptop in got wet tonight and now the bottom of my macbook is a weird grey/green/yellow colour. The sleeve is by logiix. I can't find the product online but the inside of the sleeve is micro-fibre-ish kind of material... I took some pictures but the quality is really bad, i took it from my cellphone.... I'm wondering if there's anyway to clean it up or do i have to live with it forever...:( Why does this happen? Might Apple cover it?

help would be much appreciated.

sspx0111.jpg

sspx0113.jpg

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Is that the color of the inside of your sleeve?

I'd try something mild, maybe iKlear or lens cleaning wipes. I think the latter is mostly isopropanol with some mild detergents.

3. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

If i was you i'd get one of those cases they sell, especially because the bottom is so sticky, maybe try to clean it with water on a cloth, if not try it with a usual CD cleaning liquid

4. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

I'd start with plain water and see if that had any effect. Next I would try something mild like baby shampoo or liquid hand soap mixed with water. Third I would try something like Dawn dish washing soap mixed with water. I'd don't think I'd try anything stronger than dish soap for fear of damaging the rubberized material on the bottom.

In all cases I would thoroughly squeeze out the cloth so that it was only damp, not wet. If you're comfortable with taking the bottom off, I'd do that first to prevent water/soap from getting into the electronics. No, I don't think Apple will cover it.