Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jesskit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Hey just wanting advice and wondering if others have had this problem, i got my new macbook in october last yr, and after a few days noticed that the screen didnt sit flush, so i took it back and got it replaced under the 10day DOA, so i use my new replacement for a few weeks untill i notice the same problem, so i take it to the repair shop to get fixed, after much stuffing around they tell me apple wont cover the repair, so talked directly to apple, and after much stuffing around and asking for the DOA information they finially said no they wont cover the repair because as they claim it was due to external force. they are claiming its how i carried it that caused the screen to shift or something like that as there are no marks to indicate its been dropped. I take such care of it as my macbook is my baby i love it its a great computer just with this problem would be fixed.

sorry for the long text but kinda stressed atm

DJ FLEX

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2010
California
I understand your problem and frankly i love and hate apple for their service. They can replace MOST parts but some others they SHOULD cover, they dont for some reason.
Question-You have the White 13" macbook like myself?
Maybe this screen issue is one that Apples has CHOSEN to not cover. If so then we are all screwed if it happens to us as well.

Jesskit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
hey yeah its the white unibody macbook that they just brought out at the end of last yr. it was also only till like a week ago that they actually dealt with the original DOA. i think they are just hiding on this issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.