White unibody Macbook sleep problem and more

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Synchromesh, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Synchromesh macrumors 6502a

Synchromesh

The machine is an A1342 white unibody 2009 model with 4GB RAM and 320GB 7200rpm WD hard disk. It's running OS X 10.6.4 and Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. I just reinstalled everything on it and ran into a couple of issues in Windows 7. All drivers used were original Boot Camp drivers from

It appears that the machine dies during sleep in Windows. Meaning I put it to sleep in the evening and when I come back it's off and I have to push the button to start it again. This was the case first time around and even after reinstalling everything it still died today. When I started it, Windows screen said there is a problem recovering from hibernation.

Are there any fixes for this? Does anybody else experience same problems in W7? This does NOT seem to be the case in OS X so it's most likely a software issue.

Another minor thing is that the Broadcom wireless card doesn't work in W7 even though the driver was allegedly installed by Bootcamp. Any solutions to that? I've tried Broadcom drivers but they seem to report all is installed fine while Settings>System>Device Manager still says no drivers were installed.

2. Synchromesh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Synchromesh

Anybody? Or is this a Windows question and I'm in the wrong forum?