White unibody Macbook sleep problem

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Synchromesh, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Synchromesh macrumors 6502a

Synchromesh

The machine is an A1342 white unibody 2009 model with 4GB RAM and 320GB 7200rpm WD hard disk. It's running OS X 10.6.4 and Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. I just reinstalled everything on it and ran into a couple of issues in Windows 7. All drivers used were original Boot Camp drivers from

It appears that the machine dies during sleep in Windows. Meaning I put it to sleep in the evening and when I come back it's off and I have to push the power button to start it again. This was the case first time around and even after reinstalling everything it still died today. On occasion when I start it Windows screen says there is a problem recovering from hibernation. Are there any solutions to this?

Mods: I posted this in the Macbook forum before and that thread can be deleted as it had no responses.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Don't let it hibernate? Force it to sleep only.

B

3. Synchromesh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Synchromesh

I always tell it to just sleep. Is there any settings in there that adjust specifically sleep versus hibernation?

4. vistadude macrumors 65816

When you have more ram then a certain amount, I think 3 gb, hibernation is disabled.

5. Synchromesh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Synchromesh