White unibody surface smudging

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by aced411, Jan 10, 2010.

1. aced411 macrumors 6502

I have a 15" unibody pro, and when it's all cleaned and polished it looks absolutely stunning...but quickly it becomes covered in smudges, fingerprints etc.... It shows every little spec of dirt. It drives me insane, I'm constantly trying to clean it. It's so bad I'm considering selling it and buying a white one....unless the white one is just as bad. From what I remember owning an older white macbook, it's wasn't as bad.

2. iRach macrumors member

iRach

I have the new Macbook, stays pretty clean and shiny :)

3. Surely Guest

Surely

The newer MB has a glossy surface on the palm rests...... looks like a fingerprint magnet to me.....

4. aced411 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't mind the palm rest. Mainly it's the outside cover that drives me insane

5. Surely Guest

Surely

Oh.

I have a 13" unibody MBP- I hardly ever get any fingerprints/smudges on the outside casing.:confused:

6. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Skinit.com $30 for the skin that covers the top of the MB. Even has a pre-laser-cutout for the apple symbol/light.

Pick from 100's of college/pro teams, designs, even custom upload a pic of your choice.

HTH,

EDJ

7. Skippy440 macrumors member

Skippy440

I have the new white unibody and don't find it too bad.
    I bought two clear screen protectors ( that you would use on say an iPhone or iPod touch ) and put them on the areas left and right of the trackpad to protect the wrist area from scratches etc.
    As for the outside of the laptop, I bought the Speck clear hardcase:D

http://www.speckproducts.com/products/seethru/macbook-13-new-white-unibody/207

Works well for keeping the outside free of finger prints and such.:apple:

8. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

9. Surely Guest

Surely

You should have bought a Moshi Palmguard instead of the screen-protectors. I have the silver one for my MBP, and it's amazing.