White Verizon Iphone 4 camera not working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ristb, Oct 19, 2011.

1. ristb macrumors member

Hey you guys. I upgraded my Verizon iphone 4 to the new ios5 and my camera isn't working right. When I use my camera and try to take pictures it gets stuck in the shuttler closed screen. Sometimes then I'm just pointing the camera at something and move to another spot the screen seems to freeze on the original spot.

Anyone else have problems with this after upgrading to the ios5 or have this problem at all with their iphone? Or does anyone have solutions on how I can get this fixed?

The apple warranty that came with the phone isn't up until April 2012 so would they fix this problem for free or give me a replacement? THanks in advance for your help.

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

3. ristb thread starter macrumors member

Will do but is this a known issue? I tried to look around to see if it was problem but couldn't find anything.

4. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I read an article yesterday... Something like "Top 8 Bugs in iPhone 4S." One of the bugs on the list was issues with the camera. Perhaps these issues extend past the 4S and exist in iOS 5 as well.

When I first installed iOS 5, when I tried switching to the front facing camera in the lock screen camera app, my springboard restarted. No problems after that. I'm on a GSM iPhone 4.

5. ristb thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info you guys. I'm going to take it to the apple store and hopefully they can figure this out. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

6. ristb thread starter macrumors member

Scheduled an appointment today at the 5th ave apple store. AFter 2 hours of waiting the guy was familiar with the problem and ended up giving me a new phone. I thought I would get a refurb one but he said it was a brand new one. He said usually he would just replace the camera but since it was RIDICULOUSLY busy at the store he just gave me a new phone!

ALL IN ALL, THANK YOU APPLE.