White vs Black 3G iPhone impressions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CyberBob859, Jul 11, 2008.

1. CyberBob859 macrumors 6502

Can anybody who bought the 3G iPhone give their impressions on white vs black color? Is it like the Macbook in which one color may show fingerprints or scratches easier than the other?

2. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

I thought for sure I'd go with black, but when I saw them side-by-side, I immediately went for the white one!

It was no comparison (in my eyes)

3. Inf4life macrumors regular

Inf4life

Black will definitely show fingerprints easier. Not sure about the scratches.

4. Josephkyles macrumors regular

I went in with the intention to buy a white one, but I left with a black one. I like it slightly better because the white one still has a black front, which doesn't make sense to me

5. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

I went in for white and left with white. My dad went for black, 2 friends went for black and one other friend went for white. Seeing them all side by side I am definitely happy with my choice. :D

6. tpouliot macrumors member

White

I had black in mind, left with white after a 8.5 hour wait at the 14th St NYC store.

7. cantankerously macrumors regular

Bought a 16 white. Love the contrasting colors and chrome bezel

8. Advance The Man macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A345 Safari/525.20)

we got one of each. The white shows little smudges on back, the front of both does show the smudges. The rear of the black is a smudge magnet. I liked the white better, but did not want two of the same color because of confusion.

9. Sphyrna macrumors regular

I went in for and came out with the black. Now I'm second guessing myself. After seeing some pics of the white one posted here it's looking much better than previous pics I saw. But like some others, I don't care for the black front.

10. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

We got 1 of each and I have the black and i like it better than the white!

11. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

went in originally wanting the the white.. and the store didnt have any white so bought a black. I went back and ordered the white one.

White was definitely nicer looking and it just looked a lot nicer, IMHO

12. JackSpearo macrumors regular

I got the 16 gb black...

I really liked the white, but when i saw it, I didn't like it in person... I think it looks realllly feminine... plus all my girl friends told me black is better for guys!

13. macman4291 macrumors regular

Say you got the Black or the White, and 6-7 months from now you have a problem, take into the Apple store and under the warranty they can replace it, can you get the opposite color, or does it have to be the same color

14. Damon Hill macrumors regular

Wanted Black but once I saw white.....:cool:

Proud owner of a White 16GB iPhone

15. ecks618 macrumors 6502

ecks618

That and the chrome trim of the headphones jack

16. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Greatest Story Ever!!!!

500 Iphones were at my store. I was #50 in line.

I got the Last White. That means the 200+ people behind me had to get the black. It's just so crazy that I got the last one. This guy behind me had to get the black.

17. ctnguye3 macrumors member

Came in Apple store with black in mind but walked out with white after seeing all those smudges and fingerprints on the black display models :D