Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

which colour of the iPhone is more aesthetic?

• White

Votes: 111 57.2%
  • Black

Votes: 83 42.8%

• Total voters

DJ90

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
so i got the white iphone today, brought it back homeand compared it to my friends black iphone, and i kind of loved the black one more. so im thinking of bringing it back to the store and change it tomorrow.

anyways, ive taken out the original screen protector and replaced it with a wrapsol ultra, you think im still able to exchange for the black ones?:confused:should i change or should i not? please convince me with reasons not to

jasvncnt

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2011
New Jersey
Convince you? Why would you want someone else to convince you to keep white or not? It should be up to you. Its really simple...if you like it keep it if not take it back. Shouldn't matter what anyone else says

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
So why don't you just exchange it for the black? I hope you don't need us to decide for you.

elray

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
This is a totally subjective question.

Seriously, if you like the black better go for it. There's no right or wrong decision when it comes to your color preference.

DJ90

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
yeh i know, im gonna exchange it tomorrow. by the way, like i said i removed the original screen protector that comes purchased in the box and i replaced it with an wrapsol ultra. am i still eligible to make an exchange?

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
yeh i know, im gonna exchange it tomorrow. by the way, like i said i removed the original screen protector that comes purchased in the box and i replaced it with an wrapsol ultra. am i still eligible to make an exchange?

Yes. A screen protector won't affect anything. Just take it off before exchanging it if you're that worried.

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
Back when the iPod 5th Gen came out in black, my preference immediately swayed to the new color. I felt at the time that white was just too predominant and could easily become dirty/yellow over time.

Now in this current age and time, the black iPhone is the more predominant, and the white appears to more alluring to my eye. The black hides too much of the fine details of the iPhone 4 that need to be revealed and appreciated by the human eye. To me, the white is the new black. If I could, I'd totally get a white iPhone 4, but I think I'll just wait til next year when my contract is up and the next iPhone is available.

-C

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Just keept it, it's much rarer so you'll stand out a little more. I love my black and wouldn't change it for the white but I can admit the white looks kind of nice...... at least give it a few days maybe it will grow on you..

as for your other question, if you bought it from Apple it wont matter that you took the plastic off, you can exchange it.... if you got it from another location like bestbuy, AT&T or Verizon you will probably be subject to a restocking fee.

iTunes-Luv

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2011
USA
Before touching the white, I also want a white iPhone 4

After touching and seeing it real close, I will choose the black one any day.

The home button in the white looks cheap

iApples

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2011
Doesn't really matter to me. I have a case on mine anyways. I also prefer the black front over the white, so I guess my choice would be the black one.

wskrs

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2011
Chicago
I personally don't ever want a white one - it may look nice at first glance, but I get migraines and really bad headaches, and the white + the screen would just be too bright to even look at if I was experiencing one.

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
You can't see fingerprints on the white version.

White iPhone 4 with no fingerprints >>> Black iPhone 4 with fingerprints

In addition to not showing fingerprints the white iPhone 4 also wont get as hot in the car since white reflects light and black absorbs it.

In addition to not showing fingerprints and not getting as hot the white iPhone 4 also is less common than the black version, and will thus have higher resale value on craigslist/ebay

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
so i got the white iphone today, brought it back homeand compared it to my friends black iphone, and i kind of loved the black one more. so im thinking of bringing it back to the store and change it tomorrow.

anyways, ive taken out the original screen protector and replaced it with a wrapsol ultra, you think im still able to exchange for the black ones?:confused:should i change or should i not? please convince me with reasons not to

What in the hell is wrong with kids today?

TAKE IT BACK. Or, trade with me (serious)

Certinfy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
London
If I were to buy one now (which I'm not) I would choose the white one, just more fashionable and stuff and it's like 'new', black one does look better though, but if you have an iPhone might as well show off a little bit more, haha.

einmusiker

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2010

The white one looks girlie

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.