White vs Black iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DJ90, Apr 28, 2011.

?

which colour of the iPhone is more aesthetic?

1. White

111 vote(s)
    57.2%
  2. Black

83 vote(s)
    42.8%
  1. DJ90 macrumors member

so i got the white iphone today, brought it back homeand compared it to my friends black iphone, and i kind of loved the black one more. so im thinking of bringing it back to the store and change it tomorrow.

anyways, ive taken out the original screen protector and replaced it with a wrapsol ultra, you think im still able to exchange for the black ones?:confused:should i change or should i not? please convince me with reasons not to

2. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

Convince you? Why would you want someone else to convince you to keep white or not? It should be up to you. Its really simple...if you like it keep it if not take it back. Shouldn't matter what anyone else says

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

So why don't you just exchange it for the black? I hope you don't need us to decide for you.

4. elray macrumors member

This is a totally subjective question.

Seriously, if you like the black better go for it. There's no right or wrong decision when it comes to your color preference.

5. DJ90 thread starter macrumors member

yeh i know, im gonna exchange it tomorrow. by the way, like i said i removed the original screen protector that comes purchased in the box and i replaced it with an wrapsol ultra. am i still eligible to make an exchange?

6. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Was it a 16GB white one?

Ill trade you my 32GB black straight for it :p

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Yes. A screen protector won't affect anything. Just take it off before exchanging it if you're that worried.

8. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Back when the iPod 5th Gen came out in black, my preference immediately swayed to the new color. I felt at the time that white was just too predominant and could easily become dirty/yellow over time.

Now in this current age and time, the black iPhone is the more predominant, and the white appears to more alluring to my eye. The black hides too much of the fine details of the iPhone 4 that need to be revealed and appreciated by the human eye. To me, the white is the new black. If I could, I'd totally get a white iPhone 4, but I think I'll just wait til next year when my contract is up and the next iPhone is available.

-C

9. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

10. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

So do I.

12. ihonda macrumors 68000

ill trade you my 32gb black AND give you $50 (if yours is a 32gb white)

13. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

I convince thee!

14. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Just keept it, it's much rarer so you'll stand out a little more. I love my black and wouldn't change it for the white but I can admit the white looks kind of nice...... at least give it a few days maybe it will grow on you..

as for your other question, if you bought it from Apple it wont matter that you took the plastic off, you can exchange it.... if you got it from another location like bestbuy, AT&T or Verizon you will probably be subject to a restocking fee.

15. iTunes-Luv macrumors member

iTunes-Luv

Before touching the white, I also want a white iPhone 4

After touching and seeing it real close, I will choose the black one any day.

The home button in the white looks cheap

16. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Doesn't really matter to me. I have a case on mine anyways. I also prefer the black front over the white, so I guess my choice would be the black one.

17. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

black vs white is like glossy vs anti-glare screen question.

18. wskrs macrumors newbie

I personally don't ever want a white one - it may look nice at first glance, but I get migraines and really bad headaches, and the white + the screen would just be too bright to even look at if I was experiencing one.

19. ap3604 macrumors 68000

You can't see fingerprints on the white version.

White iPhone 4 with no fingerprints >>> Black iPhone 4 with fingerprints

In addition to not showing fingerprints the white iPhone 4 also wont get as hot in the car since white reflects light and black absorbs it.

In addition to not showing fingerprints and not getting as hot the white iPhone 4 also is less common than the black version, and will thus have higher resale value on craigslist/ebay

20. iFiend macrumors 65816

What in the hell is wrong with kids today?

TAKE IT BACK. Or, trade with me (serious)

21. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

If I were to buy one now (which I'm not) I would choose the white one, just more fashionable and stuff and it's like 'new', black one does look better though, but if you have an iPhone might as well show off a little bit more, haha.

22. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

The white one looks girlie

23. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Ill trade you my black one plus some $$$, Perfect condition!!:)

24. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Insecurity issues.

25. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

No one can make this decision for you. If you don't like it then take it back and return it.