White wireless keyboard + RMBP

glaseryaniv

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
Tel Aviv, Israel
So finally, my rMBP is here. Bout time.
I have an old wireless apple keyboard (white plastic), that for some reason won't connect to the computer. It works perfectly with an older powerbook. Is there a trick to this? I have a magic mouse connected as well, so BT on the computer is working. would love your help!!

omgitscro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
You have to unpair it from your old computer first... Go to the Bluetooth menu on your Powerbook while the keyboard is paired to it, select the keyboard on the left, and click on the "—" button on the bottom of the list.

geoffreak

macrumors 68020
Feb 8, 2008
From this thread:
I figured out how to force it into pairing mode, though its not intuitive and kind of a pain. With the keyboard off, you hold down the power button on the keyboard and the LED will start to blink, do not let go of the power button. Open up the bluetooth add device wizard, and the keyboard will appear there as long as you're holding down the button. Select the keyboard and pair it, when it says "Connecting" you can let go of the power button.

omgitscro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Yes... The process that geoffreak mentioned works with the aluminum keyboard, I wasn't sure if it works with the original plastic keyboards... Give it a try and report back. The way that Bluetooth seems to work on the keyboards and mice is that the computer's ID is stored on the device... That way only the right computer ever connects to it.

glaseryaniv

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
Tel Aviv, Israel
Probably wont work with the plastic keyboard, since there is no power "botton", but a power "switch". I will try to tale the battery out for a long while... this might help with resetting it.