White wireless keyboard + RMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by glaseryaniv, Aug 7, 2012.

1. glaseryaniv macrumors member

So finally, my rMBP is here. Bout time.
    I have an old wireless apple keyboard (white plastic), that for some reason won't connect to the computer. It works perfectly with an older powerbook. Is there a trick to this? I have a magic mouse connected as well, so BT on the computer is working. would love your help!!

2. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

You have to unpair it from your old computer first... Go to the Bluetooth menu on your Powerbook while the keyboard is paired to it, select the keyboard on the left, and click on the "—" button on the bottom of the list.

3. glaseryaniv thread starter macrumors member

4. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

From this thread:

5. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

Yes... The process that geoffreak mentioned works with the aluminum keyboard, I wasn't sure if it works with the original plastic keyboards... Give it a try and report back. The way that Bluetooth seems to work on the keyboards and mice is that the computer's ID is stored on the device... That way only the right computer ever connects to it.

6. glaseryaniv thread starter macrumors member

Probably wont work with the plastic keyboard, since there is no power "botton", but a power "switch". I will try to tale the battery out for a long while... this might help with resetting it.

7. glaseryaniv thread starter macrumors member

Ok! so it seems to work after a few resets. Random. Now I need to wait and see if it sticks... ;)