whitebook or 13"mbp??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by brendu, Jun 23, 2009.

1. brendu macrumors 68020

Hey so im thinking about getting a macbook sometime this summer and i really think the whitebook is enough computer for my laptop needs, but the mbp is so much better looking and i feel it would last longer, and better battery, screen, fw800, sd.. the list goes on.. what i want to know is why one would opt for the whitebook over the mbp.. am i missing something?

2. calsci macrumors 6502

calsci

really the white macbook is a dead cause now. yes i know i have one but i got mine back when the macbook didn't have firewire. with the introduction of firewire and a better screen among other things hands down i will reccomnd the mbp to anyone. the mbp is worth the money over the white macbook.

3. kimcicle macrumors newbie

well there is small price gap in between. For some people, that could be a critical decision turning point.

4. joehahn macrumors regular

the mbp is by far a better machine then the white one, it's also a tad more portable seeing as though it's a half of a pound lighter. I was about to get the white one before they updated the aluminium ones, but with the sd slot, the better batter, processor, and firewire, there's no reason to get the white one now

5. JPark macrumors 6502a

Definitely spring for the MBP 13". It's a much more durable machine. I have a 2.5 year old whitey and the casing is developing a lot of fractures.

6. qacjared macrumors regular

The question you need to answer, and only you can answer what's best for you, is "are the better screen, battery, fw800, SD Card slot, support for up to 8gigs of Ram, multitouch trackpad, and better quality overall worth the extra $200 or is that $200 worth more to you by using the money to meet some other want or need of yours?"