whited00r, anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Benji222, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Has anyone here tried whited00r or heard anything about it?
    http://www.whited00r.com/

It basically loads a custom firmware that has been optimized for older devices. It sounds great...

2. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Seems pretty cool...makes me wish my iPhone 2G was working so I could mess around with it again

3. Benji222 thread starter macrumors 65816

Benji222

Yeah a friend of mine may be interested, but ive barely heard of it so im somewhat skeptical.

4. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Hmmm I don't like that it's based on iOS3... To be honest, on my mom's iPhone 3G, I think the most recent firmware isn't that bad. The last two were UNBEARABLE, but they have tweaked it enough that the speed doesn't suck anymore. Well, it sucks compared to a 3GS/4, but it's fine for what it is.

5. No ice please macrumors 6502

I played around with it a couple months ago. It was pretty good. I haven't tried the latest version, I bet it would be better.

6. Benji222 thread starter macrumors 65816

Benji222

WHy just pretty good?
    sorry not trying to be a nag, i just want to know if its stable is all :p

7. No ice please macrumors 6502

IT was definitely better then iOS4. But I honestly didn't need all the features. But lucky now you can download two builds, Lite and full.

8. mik0, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2011

mik0 macrumors newbie

I use it, and it is simply amazing. I just installed it a few days ago, and it's been great. Missed iOS4s features since I downgraded firmware. It works exactly as OS4 does. Very few features missing, but the main features are there. Also, it's not memory hogging or slow. The devs on this project made sure that they used the least Mobile Substrate apps to ensure battery life/fast phone performance. With icon shadows and custom background on WD4.2 on my iPhone 3g, I get no springboard lag. 3g users on OS4 surely do, and my phone was a little more sluggish when on OS4.

Recommended for 2g/3g/3gs users!

9. No ice please macrumors 6502

I got whited00r up and running last night....wow. It is amazing! Best part is the scrolling wallpapers and the safari browsing has gotten 10 fold better then 3.x.x and a lot better then 4.0. SMS is a lot better too, no lag when I type to fast. I have got to say whited00r has came a long way since I tried it last. I think I might keep this firmware up and running for good. :D

10. xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

Here's a question. Does it effect your baseband at all when restoring through whited00r?

11. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

it shouldn't matter, any 2g/3g phones are pwned for life.

12. mik0 macrumors newbie

Nope. It keeps your current baseband.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

14. mik0 macrumors newbie

Not really. 3g & 3gs phones are compatible with iOS4.. but they're just too laggy for the older devices. So why not implement the iOS4 features into an OS3 firmware, making everything faster for older devices? Some people choose not to buy and iPhone 4 for various reasons and maybe just want to stick with their older devices for now on.

Well, anyways! Here's an SS of my WD4.2 homescreen :)

[​IMG]

15. jamesony macrumors newbie

Jailbrake/unlock

im not much of a IT expert and have no idea about the iphone upgrading... but I'm thinking about buying a second hand 3g, which is unlocked and jailbroken... but to update I'm thinking about using whitedoor or something similar... if I do this will the phone become locked again? and will the jailbreak disappear? meaning all of my apps etc will delete? and finally, things like cydia or installous delete as well?