whiteiphone4now.com delays?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rchanvit, Sep 7, 2010.

1. rchanvit macrumors newbie

hey guys,

just wondering if any of you guys impulsed into buying a white iphone 4 kit off of whiteiphone4now.com like i did. i ordered it aug 22nd, and have not received any info on shipment. i emailed them and got a response saying "we just received a new batch, and will be shipped out tomorrow." this was about 8 days ago. so just wondering if any of you guys bought a kit from them and how long did it take to receive. thanks

2. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

I really hope this is fake, because if it's really I'm sorry to tell you that you've been scammed hard! There aren't even stable parts to make the iPhone 4 white yet, if Apple can't do it I 900% doubt anyone else can, seeing as they have thousands of paid engineers trying to figure it out.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I believe if you go search in the iPhone Accessories section (http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108), you can find some post of people who have moded their Black iPhones into White (not sure what site they used, but I do remember seeing some comments with the same URL that you posted).

But on a side note, I do want to ask. With the amount of money that they charge for parts to mod your iPhone and the fact that doing so will clearly void your warranty and you will not be able to take it in to Apple for any reason in future, is it really worth it?

Their have been post here on the forum of people ending up with a few extra screws in the end or accidentally bending a wire and the screen or digitizer stop functioning properly, front facing camera won't turn on and in the end they have to buy another kit costing them twice as much.

I don't get it.

4. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

5. rchanvit thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i know...i was waiting for the white for so long, that i went ahead and got the black back in august. then read about the white kit, and couldn't resist. it seemed legit. whiteiphone4now.com engadget did an article, cnn did an article. maybe i was just fooled. i hope i'm wrong. but anyways, not sure what impulsed me into it, i guess just wanting to get something before it comes out. as usual, it never works.

6. TechNutt macrumors member

I have been waiting .... and waiting .... and waiting ..... AND WAITING .... for the dang stupid WHITE iphone4. If it doesn't hurry up by end of Oct/Early Nov, I'm skipping iphone4 and Apple altogether. I'll just look to buy the best phone on the market--Android or not. This is just ridiculous!

7. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

like this?:p

Attached Files:

8. xwoodbutch macrumors newbie

Blows me away how people can get upset at the simplest things. Seriously!! There are so many things in this world that might justify getting upset but not being able to get a white iphone 4 shouldn't be one of them. :rolleyes:

9. Ann P macrumors 68020

I know right? Good lord...

10. tasotat macrumors newbie

rchanvit at the end what happen,,,.? After so many days did you get the whiteiphone kit,,,..?