Whiteish shadow - MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by manito2000, Aug 30, 2011.

1. manito2000 macrumors member

Hello everyone...I got a MacBook Pro a few months ago. I noticed recently that in the middle of the screen - whenever I have a dark background or watching a movie w/ a dark scene...I see what I initially thought was a smudge or streak. However, I tried to rub it with a small cloth thinking that it was dirty. However, it's not dirt or a smudge.

This think is really annoying because anytime I view anything w/ a dark color I can make out this whiteish shadowy thing... Any thoughts as to what this might be...?

I'm planning to bring it into the Apple Store this week.

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

3. manito2000 thread starter macrumors member

Not sure what you mean...by which screen do I have...

4. mikethebigo, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011

mikethebigo macrumors 68000

You can go to system preferences -> displays -> color -> open profile and the model number is listed under #17 'mmod'. Mine is 9CC7. Anyway, sometimes you can have parts of the screen where the diffuser is thinner and the LED light shines through more.

Also, sometimes people actually notice some light coming from the center of the screen because a little light gets through the plastic Apple symbol on the back of the display.

Either way, if it bugs you, you should just hop on over to a Genius Bar and see what they say. Be warned though, if you can't reproduce the issue there, they can't do much about it. If I were you I'd take some pics of it as well as proof.

5. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Im fairly certain its the apple logo on the outside of the case.

6. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Why don't you just show a black picture in full screen at full brightness.
    Make a picture and upload it. So people can tell you if you just complain to much or it is cause for a reclamation.
    If you notice it during movies it is usually a really bad screen that they might replace in an Apple Store.

7. cfII macrumors regular

LOL! It's for sure the apple logo. More light passes through there. You will only notice it in direct sunlight I'm guessing

8. manito2000 thread starter macrumors member

hehehehe...now that you mention it...it does look like an apple shape. Once I get home I will check it out.

If this is the case...does this mean that I pretty much should just get used to it...?

9. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Yeppers