Whitelisted 5C

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by venomgt95, Dec 2, 2015.

1. venomgt95 macrumors 6502

venomgt95

I just recently bought my cousin's old 5C off her, and i went to check for a possible resell, but when i checked the IMEI on Swappa, i got these results. I understand that the outstanding balance thing means she still owes sprint money, but i don't get the Whitelist thing. What exactly does that mean? Also, could the phone ever possibly be used on AT&T?

Attached Files:

• 5c.jpg
      5c.jpg
      File size:
      50.6 KB
      Views:
  2. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Means it's not blacklisted so it should be fine to use.

3. venomgt95 thread starter macrumors 6502

venomgt95

So, if i were to trade it via Craigslist for an AT&T 5C, i wont have to worry about the other person coming to me complaining they can't use the phone?

4. rzc16512 macrumors regular

As long as she is still paying the sprint bill and the phone is not currently activated to a sprint number then they should be fine. Once the balance is paid off on the phone I believe sprint automatically unlocks the phone so it could be used on AT&T

5. venomgt95 thread starter macrumors 6502

venomgt95

Awesome. Thank you so much!

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

According to what I see here, the device is unlocked already. No DSU will be necessary.

However, as mentioned, as long as the balance is paid there will be no repercussions. If the balance is not paid, the IMEI can then be blacklisted and the buyer will have a brick.

Lastly, understand that the 5c is essentially an upgraded iPhone 5. It's a CDMA phone capable of LTE. Unless AT&T has Band 25 and/or 26 for LTE it won't be useable on AT&T. AT&T is a GSM carrier.

Lastly, Band 26 was voice only for the iPhone 5. That may have changed with the 5c, but I doubt it.

7. venomgt95 thread starter macrumors 6502

venomgt95

Just out of curiosity, im gonna pop in my AT&T SIM when i get home