Whitelisting sites, Safari, ClicktoABC

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Vaakuna, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Vaakuna macrumors newbie

Vaakuna

Can't ever get these buggers working. :confused:

I would like to whitelist a couple sites (like YouTube) on my Safari-browser extensions ClickToFlash and ClickToPlugIn.

If unfamiliar with these ext.s: https://hoyois.github.io/safariextensions/clicktoplugin/

My goal is not to have to manually disable each extension every time I visit the specific page. I have tried countless times to input the addresses per the control lists for allowed sites but to no avail.

Not sure if I am to use a wildcard... Thanks to anyone who has experience with or knowledge to this point.

I am also open to Applers having alternative extensions that do the same but better; I reckon CTF and CTPI are outmoded at this point but old habits die hard, lol.

Cheers.

Specs: MBP (2015), OS Sierra 10.12.1 (latest to date), Safari 10.0.1 (latest to date)

2. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Hi,

many sites, Youtube for example, NO LONGER use Flash, they use HTML5.

Try disabling CTF and CTP, and see how it works without these extensions.

I personnally have used them for years, but have now uninstalled them.

3. Vaakuna thread starter macrumors newbie

Vaakuna

Hi, Bruno.

When I disable, spot on, everything works. I tire of doing this manually two times (Flash, Plugins) every single time I go to certain sites though. ;)

The security end-game for me with CTF and CTPI was that I didn't want anything auto-playing or -running when I visit a site. So I rely on these as a catch-all to that end as I never know on a given day if I happen to visit an older or malicious site (one that slips past WOT, for example).

I still want to disallow anything from auto-playing in my browser but adding an exception for YouTube because I surf there daily and trust the site. Am I making sense? :D