Whither iLounge? Site's been down for almost a week.

Discussion in 'iPod' started by soundsgoodtome, Aug 22, 2008.

1. soundsgoodtome macrumors regular

soundsgoodtome

Anyone have any news on iLounge? The site's been down for nearly a week.

Can't find anything on Google; haven't seen anything on any of the Mac blogs. Seems to me this would be news to the Mac/iPod/iPhone crowd....

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

works for me?

trying flushing your browser cache.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. soundsgoodtome thread starter macrumors regular

soundsgoodtome

are you serious? i can't load ilounge.com on either of two Macs, nor on my iPhone.

5. soundsgoodtome thread starter macrumors regular

soundsgoodtome

ok. i just disabled wi-fi on my iPhone, and now ilounge is loading over edge. so something's up with my wi-fi or my provider, i guess. (?)

the thing is -- ilounge is the *only* site i can't load. everything else is working perfectly normally, which is why i thought the site was down.

weird.

6. Voidness macrumors 6502a

Voidness

There might be something wrong with your provider's DNS. Can you access iLounge using their IP address?

http://209.240.81.37/

7. soundsgoodtome thread starter macrumors regular

soundsgoodtome

no, that doesn't work, either....

8. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

that's kinda weird dude, both links are working

9. soundsgoodtome thread starter macrumors regular

soundsgoodtome

I just left home for a while and had no trouble accessing the site from my iPhone on edge or 3G (i.e., away from my own wi-fi network). I also discovered that my ilounge account has been deleted.

A week ago, I left a comment below one of the articles in which I pointed out several errors in the article. As I think about it, that's the last time I was able to access the site.

I now suspect that the site owner has blocked my (home) IP address and has deleted my forum account -- simply because he didn't like my comment. No email, no warning about a TOS violation (because there wasn't one); he just waved his wand and "deleted" me.

From my iPhone I wrote a note, explaining the situation and asking for any information regarding the issue, but upon submitting it, there was a long pause, then I got a message, saying "You are not authorized to do do this." Not authorized to send a message to support? I guess he parsed the message for my email address and blocked that, too.

Classy.... And mature.

If I'm wrong I'll gladly retract this, but I'm convinced this is what has happened. Thanks for your help....