Whitoken theme or similar on 4.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by applemike, Jul 9, 2010.

1. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

Hello

Long time jailbreaker and apple hacker here.

Lately i came across a problem. when trying to install certain apps to my ipod to install the whitoken theme ( Whitoken ) My ipod will automatically start in safe mode.

Whenever i install the "five-collumn springboard" tweak to the ipod (2nd gen MB model 8GB Jailbroken 4.0) then it will start in safe mode consistenly. even after uninstalling the tweak.

My question is this. "are there any other themes simialar to the Whitoken theme that will work on 4.0 or without having to install a 5 collumn springboard?"

Cheers

:apple:Mike

2. Whitoken macrumors newbie

Hi, I would like to bump this thread but with a different question...

how the hell do I get out of safe mode? I've deleted all of the apps that were required for Whitoken (iBlank, Blanknull, Categories, Five Column Springboard, Fiveirows, SpringJumps). When I reboot, it still goes back to safe mode!

:(

3. applemike thread starter macrumors 6502

applemike

As soon as i had installed fiveIrows my ipod went into safe mode. to get it out, i uninstalled almost everything, then i went onto winterboard, and hit respring, once it had resprung and i slid to unlock, it was fine again.

If this doesnt work, then reinstall the firmware, i know its a bitch and takes forever, but i found it nesicairry a few times

:apple:Mike

4. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

I would say screw it and downgrade to 3.x. That's what I did.

I had alot of problems with iOS 4 and Cydia. I believe the issue is many of the apps and tweaks simply have not been updated yet to support the changes introduced by the new OS.

BTW, I've never heard of this theme before. It's amazing!

5. applemike thread starter macrumors 6502

applemike

I couldnt downgrade, kept crashing or giving me that 3190 error or whatever it is. cant remember it, but cant seem to fix it