Who ADDED a line in order to purchase a 3G S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by QuietFun, Jun 21, 2009.

1. QuietFun macrumors regular

QuietFun

I am in the same boat as many of you are by being a secondary on a family plan. I called AT&T and had them make my number the primary number just to see if I can use that as a loop hole in order to get the good prices.. If that doesn't work I was thinking about adding a new line.. For those who have done that:

What were you told by ATT people?

Does the $30 Data plan get added in addition to the $10 for the extra line?

How long until you can terminate it?

and anything else I need to be aware of in doing so?

2. notjustgc macrumors 6502

notjustgc

Yes.

If you terminate within 30 days, you get a refund and have to give back your new iPhone. If you terminate after the 30 days, you keep the iPhone but pay a variable early termination fee. It'll be a lot of money.

This would only make sense if you were going to be eligible in under 30 days and you needed to play with an iPhone until then. And even so, you wouldn't be able to use your current phone number.

3. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

well im going to a for a friend so he can get it, but im def changing the IMEI and not paying the data plan. i used to work at att and i have friends there that will do it for me. u call cust service and try it they wont help u, but if u go into a store it wont be a problem, just say u lost the iphone and take some crap phone in there to put that IMEI on the acct and take the data off

4. 101at9 macrumors member

101at9

I added a line but I'm keeping it. I put my grandparents under my plan and got the 3gs with their account and then I just swapped sim cards and gave them an older phone and I'm selling my 3g on ebay. All I have to do now is cancel my data plan but I dont know how long I should wait.