Who all is getting Black Stainless Steel

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ttexxan, Apr 7, 2015.

1. ttexxan macrumors regular

IMO the Black Stainless face looks better then plain SS. The Plain SS just looks distracting around the edges for some reason.

Disappointed Apple not giving the option with other bands.

Going to bite the bullet and order the Black SS anyone else going in this direction. Seems like everyone and there mother going to have regular SS

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I'm pretty sure this is Apple's strategy, to make the black stainless steel more attractive and thus people up-buy.

I can't justify a $500 band for a first gen. Maybe the next one.

3. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I plan to get black SS and add black sport band. I type a lot at work and metal bands can be uncomfortable and often scratch where my wrist rests on a table.

4. majestyk1123 macrumors newbie

I plan on biting the bullet and getting the space black stainless steel as well.

For those of you who are planning similarly, what do you guys think of matching bands with the traditional stainless steel mounts with the black watch body? I'm thinking of also picking up the milanese loop, but I am not too sure how well it will match.

5. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I was going to get the regular stainless steel, but after looking at the black SS, I'm going with the black. I'm also going to order a black sport band as well for the gym.

6. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

I loveed the black mamba the most right from the start, so I think I should trust my gut and stick with it.
    The lack of band choices sort of frustrates me though.
    If there'd be a regular SS with a classic brown leather band in 42mm I would get that, but since that doesn't exist..
    SS Black + black sport band it will be I guess.

I feel the same way about the dark bevel around the screen looking better.
    Bonus: it will match my Mac pro haha

7. Esexx macrumors 6502

Esexx

I'm getting the black SS as well.

As soon as I saw it for the first time, I knew it had to be mine. However, once the prices were released I didn't want to spend that much on a v1 AW.

I was looking for an alternative, but knew I probably wouldn't be happy. So I am pulling the trigger on my first choice.

8. Sharkey311 Suspended

What do you yall think of the Black SS with the Blue Leather Loop? Think it matches?

9. mjs402, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015

mjs402 macrumors 6502

I'm torn. Not because of price but because there are not as many matching bands as the regular Stainless steel version. :/

I'm pre-ordering the 38mm and 42mm of the Space Black Stainless and Stainless Steel. 3 of those will be canceled the same day or few days after.

10. chrisperra macrumors member

chrisperra

I will definitely get it. The black mamba is mine.

Hopefully they won't all sell out for preorders.

11. KPOM macrumors G5

12. jbizzybeetle macrumors regular

Seriously thinking black SS with link and adding a Milanese band as second option wear.

13. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

I was thinking about a Milanese band as well but didn't know how it would match up with the black face. I like the white sports band as well but must agree the SS Prob looks better than black stainless. Tough decision. I think re sale of the black SS will be better once second gen comes out.

14. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

And what will you do with the disused space black link bracelet?

----------

My second to last everyday watch had a stainless steel link bracelet and black face. My most recent watch has been all black, very similar to the space black SS. Now I am sort of thinking I'm tired of the all black look. In many instances, where I thought it would look sort of exotic, it just looks plastic and cheap. It's not a plastic and cheap watch, it's a decent one, but, the look... it's not obviously metal.

So without being able to see these bands in person before pre-ordering, it's very hard to judge positively for the space black. It could be great, but, I also really liked the look of the regular stainless + black face which the Apple Watch SS + link bracelet will basically match.

Tough decision.

15. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I really, really want to know how the black link bracelet will look with the space grey aluminum.

16. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

If you actually look at polls in this forum it seems more people are leaning toward the Sport and not the SS.

17. loyalist macrumors 6502

I was going to get it until people talked me out of spending that much money on the 1st generation watch. I decided to buy the stainless steel with sports band and I will spend more money when they make a waterproof watch and fixing all the kinks in the 1st generation watch. I always get the new generation iPhone so I don't see anything changing with this watch.

18. tmiw macrumors 68000

I thought I was going to get the Space Gray aluminum one but now I'm thinking that the Space Black stainless steel is better for me. It's a significant price difference though which I'm not so sure about. Maybe I'll preorder both and schedule an appointment to try them to figure out for sure.

19. Jnava420 macrumors regular

This is my exact plan as well I'm hoping I can talk my apple rep in to letting me see the sg sport with the black link bracelet, im better there will be people willing to sell their link band and that they only wanted the black case.

20. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

The black SS looks very nice. If I was getting an apple watch, it would be the one I would be looking at

21. tmiw, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015

tmiw macrumors 68000

The black SS on the Apple Watch still looks pretty polished if the renderings and Google Image search are to be believed.

22. the future macrumors 6502a

I'll probably get the nice, reasonably priced space grey Sport Watch ...

unless the space black SS Watch is just too nice IRL. :)

23. rossy100 macrumors regular

Which black sport band are people ordering to go with SS black? The one with SS or space grey pin?

24. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

I was solidly in your camp. However, I made the mistake of asking my wife her opinion on the black vs SS and, well now I'm getting a SS AND 38 mm white sport (for less than the cost of a black!) ;). Were it not for that metal link band, the black would be a slam dunk, IMO.

25. mchoffa macrumors 6502a

space grey pin for me

----------

I think SS Milanese would look terrible, but if they came out with a black Milanese, I'd be all over it

[​IMG]