Who already used the new MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macbookprofan, Oct 14, 2008.

1. macbookprofan macrumors member

I am a photographer who used matte MBP matte for the last two years... Is the glossy screen going to be counterproductive for me? Should I just stick to an older Matte MBP?
    Further more, what are the possibilities of apple releasing a Matte again?

I just don´t trust in matte stickers, films or whatever.

2. ManWithhat macrumors regular

Buy the newer. There will be a matte sticker you'll be able to put over the glossy screen.

I'd rather have the sticker than a possibly defective graphics card.

Just my cents.

3. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

im just a consumer so this is why im saying this but...

does it REALLY matter from glossy vs matte? cant they still be calibrated? and even if its not close enough, its still pretty close isnt it?

i mean, its a print that your selling, not the visual experience on the monitor? plus, if ur a designer and u know ur final print is gonna be slightly different, cant u keep that in mind and make changes in ur computer? plus, COMN, its not really gonna matter is it? the difference wont be so bad that when i ge ta wedding photo, ima be like, 'WATHE HELL, THIS GUY MADE MY BLACK IN MY SUIT SO DULL.. IT MUSTVE BEEN HIS GLOSSY SCREEN AND HE THOUGHT IT WAS MORE VIBRANT THAN IT SHOULDVE BEEN"

i unno, i could be wrong, after all, ii dont do any of this so i really have no say in this too

4. strikeinsilence macrumors 6502

Sukanas, read around the forums a little, and you'll get your answer. It's not that you might get a little distracting reflection when you're trying to show someone something on screen one day, it's that it will happen EVERY DAY. When you're staring at the screen many hours a day, you don't want to also be staring at the stuff behind you in the room all day as well.

P.S. learn to spell

5. Halsey12 macrumors regular

I sit all day and color correct images to be printed. Glare is a big deal, and a bigger deal depending on your environment and lighting. There are enough things to compensate for in the process that throwing a glass over the monitor that "enhances the color" isn't another one I want to deal with.

Also, I use my wife's MacBook for 10 minutes and my eyes hurt.

6. tofudc5 macrumors member

I am a graphics designer and it does make a huge difference.
    many professional colour correction people who use photoshop every minute of the day will not touch a glossy screen, or some of them won't even want to use a LCD and stick to their CRT.

it's not as easy as you think when it comes to print.
    it is true that not what you see on screen will turn out how it prints, even with the correct CMKY colour profiles, but each printer has different equipment and a proper designer should be asking for their printer's colour profiles and load them in Photoshop, InDesign or what have you.

7. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

haha sorry, i hope i didnt offend any of your guys's work and seriousness when it comes to glossyvsmatte

either way, im still VERy amazed how apple is turning away from matte... id say.. BLAMe THE SWITCHERS

the people who surf youtube and find photobooth worth paying 1200 for. jp. im pretty sure there are a lot of legitimate switchers... do youguys think the old cinema displays will rise in values in any way???

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Glossy definitely makes a difference for those who need colour accuracy for printing purposes, but I bet the solution is going to be a matte accessory to stick onto the display. Great thing is that it'll also protect the LCD from damage, fingerprints, and it may be easier to clean than the glass underneath.

Wimp much?